Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
In the '69 Malibu series there was vinyl with cloth inserts or full vinyl. If you need complete skins then places like Year One are the ones to see. If you need material to replace parts of seat skins then check out SMS Auto Fabrics in Portland Oregon. 1-503-234-1125. They have tons of old fabrics.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
My 70 Malibu came with cloth bench front seat, as per Build sheet I found. But be prepared to pay $500.00+ bucks for front/rear.

My front seat was thrashed, so I used springs from two other seats before I bought an all vinyl kit from Ausley's (made by PUI). I think Year One carries cloth.
DG

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Are you serious? $500? I still have the original vinyl/cloth interior on my 68 malibu. I've always have seen ads for less for the set but I guess those are probably for vinyl only. Well, looks like I'm going to set off on a new interior for a while.

·
Registered
636 Posts
DG is right, my 70 came with the cloth front bench seat. And new covers are $550. It's the old supply and demand thing. I also bought a vinyl set, and maybe someday I will put the cloth back on. Mat

------------------

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
MY 68 -had- cloth insert seats, but they had rips and I wasn't about to shell put the $500+ for new ones.

And that $500 is IF you can find them. To give you an idea of what kind of fun you'll have locating a set, Year One told me that they couldn't find them anyplace.

Good luck,

Kurt

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Indeed, all year Chevelles offered cloth & vinyl interior. I don't think any SS models had it until '69. All the major interior kits are all-vinyl. For cloth you can go custom; or may want to seek out n.o.s. material ($$$ if you can even find it). Years ago I remember Ciadella Interiors offering stuff like that. See if he's advertized in Super Chevy. A place near here in Oakville, Ontario, Canada by the name of Antique Chevrolet Parts has carried stuff like that, but only sporadically.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I believe my 72 Heavy Chevy came with a cloth bench. I looked at the original Chevy brochure on this site and read it and looked at the pictures. I think you may find your answer in there. Somewhere I did find a company that made repro. cloth seats but it was about $500. I drag race my car, so even though it is not authentic I decided to go with the all vinyl because dirt, oil, grime etc. would get on it while I work/race the car. Something to think about.

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
I Have a 66 Chevelle with black bucket interior and the back seat was rusted out... So to make a long story short, I went to the junkyard and picked up a rear seat, a perfect rear seat out of a 67 this seat has cloth inserts I was planing on putting the all black covers on it for my 66...Are these seats so rare I should try and sell this near perfect cloth seat and buy another from the junk? How much is a 67 NOS rear cloth seat worth?

Thanks

Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Oh shoot i forgot to mention that i only have the upper piece of the cloth (upper meaning back piece) rear seat

How much is just this piece worth??

Thanks again

Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Me again....

question was the BODDEM HALF(the place were you A$$ goes) of a 67 rear cloth seat have cloth or was the boddem half all vinyl???

Thanks

Tommy

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Hot66
The cloth was stock in many a 67 Malibu. SS was all vinyl. If the top was cloth, so was the bottom.
Take it apart carefully and you can always resell the original 'seat cover' to someone who may need it. The frames are the same.

Note: there are several types of cloth interiors. Malibu, 300, 300 Deluxe, Sport Sedan and Malibu, and they are all different bodycloths.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.