Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm wondering if somebody can help me out... Every time I go over a SMALL bump, my front end starts making clicking sounds (not squeeks) and i sometimes can feel the clicking in my clutch pedal. Every now and then its a really bad "popping" sound. I havent taken it into a mechanic because I'm afraid it will be expensive. It steers perfect, for nonpowersteering. I was thinking the control arms/A-arms are screwed?? I dont know, somebody give me some ideas... THANKS!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had the same thing happen in my 72 El Camino. It turned out to be a lower ball joint. If it is, you might as well rebuild the front end. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ryan,

Jack up the front end and try shaking each front wheel up and down. Sounds like a ball joint or a loose shock mount. The top shock mounts will come loose if the rubber donuts are old and rot or shrink. Whatever it is the front end is no place for worn or loose parts so hunt it down and fix it! Good luck,
mgg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ask around to find a good/honest front end alignment shop and take it in. If the guys got a good rep and is honest it will only cost what it needs. I had a similar noise and naturally thought the worst, he tightened up everything to spec (a arm bolts etc) and the clicking went away. Dont take chances with your front end!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.