Team Chevelle banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 36 and 1/2 years of hot rodding, I have never seen a clear cap installed on car. The first few years I was too short to see over the fenders so I could have missed one.

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
In my 36 and 1/2 years of hot rodding, I have never seen a clear cap installed on car. The first few years I was too short to see over the fenders so I could have missed one.
Saw one on a 1940, 4-dr. Ford, back in the early 70's. Was pretty nice. If I'm not mistaken, the guy had clear valve covers too. Haven't seen them since on anything.

Respectfully,
John R.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I had one on my 3 window coupe without a hood. Looked great, worked well and created a visual point of extra conversation amoungst admirers.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I have seen them on rat rods with the old clear red plug wires.
John
I had that setup on my 62 Buick Special back in the day! Bought the transparent red plug wire on a spool and made my own plug wires! Good thing I got a spool that wire didn't hold up to heat very well and they would burn up frequently! The clear cap held up very well but tended to attract a lot of moisture!:)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I still have mine on the distributor that was in my '68 SS..........

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I used one on my beaumont (thru the 90s)... i think its kicking around the garage somewhere... it looked pretty cool...

ak

1 - 17 of 17 Posts