Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to clean seatbelts. They are original in my 72 ssvelle. I wanted to ask here first before I used something to clean them while smokin a cigarette and accidentally torch them up, ya know? By the way, I dont have a dish washer. Is that the best way? Thanks
Jon

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Top rack in dishwasher worked fabulously. Followed by a dressing of Meguires vinly cleaner/conditioner

Dan

------------------
Central Illinois
69 Cortez silver SS 427
69 azure turquois Malibu 250
ACES #02351
Team Chevelle Gold #35

·
Registered
246 Posts
Jon,

I've tossed them into the bucket right after washing the car and left them for a few days - buckles and all. I then rinsed them well and hung them to dry. They came out great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. The belts came out great. The rear ones were the worst of them all. The water after I was done was nasty!
Jon

·
Registered
12 Posts
HAnd Cleaner works great to cut the grease - power wash is also a good way to clean this stuff. And then there is the laundry... it's amazing what a little laundry soap and a rinse cycle will do to this type of stuff

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
I just laid mine out on the drive, used Tide, hot water and a scrub brush. Rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and then blew the buckles dry with compressed air and let the rest hang up to dry. Brand new.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I took the belts out of my 69 SS and put the buckles inside of a sweat sock and put a rubber band around the sock to keep the buckles form coming out then threw the whole mess into the wash machine with some TIDE. Those belts look brand new. Of course my wife was home when that happened, really!

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan
Livonia, Michigan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.