Team Chevelle banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr horsepower showed up at my door today and let himself right in . Like he was one of the family or somthin !

Let me tell you about tryin to show him back to the door . I felt like a bouncer tryin to get a wiry scrappy 140 pound drunk out of the gin mill lol

Maybe it's some sort of a sign from the engine Gods telling me I should stick with the clay Smith cam I've got on the bench lol. Idk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Did your Mr. Horsepower have a cigar clenched in his beak?

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Nah and I was actually a little disappointed in that Haha
Hey maybe Harvey crane will stop by next week
...or perhaps Ed Iskenderian.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
With either cams, Isky or Clay Smith, you better be very proficient at straitening cams if your going to use either one of those.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With either cams, Isky or Clay Smith, you better be very proficient at straitening cams if your going to use either one of those.
Straightening cams ? I don't get it .
Probably obvious for the more experienced which I'm not lol

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,264 Posts
Perhaps you should explain that statement. For posterity, if nothing else.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perhaps you should explain that statement. For posterity, if nothing else.
Lost me on that one too .
I'm just right out here lost in the woods with the woodpeckers . Anytime someones ready to find me I'm out here somewhere lol

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Since I was a kid I loved the Clay Smith woodpecker logo ( and I’m not young). My uncle had the decals on his 55 Chevy race car. My brother and I used to call it the woody woodpecker car. The color scheme went perfectly with my 67 so I used the logos even though I ran a isky cam.
72B51322-7FB4-429D-964D-D20C9FE21CF1.png
037EF5CA-DCF8-490F-89CC-3CC8A1FAC6FE.png
2B942589-F1C2-47ED-A1C1-487012E12CE5.png

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
7,810 Posts
Straightening = meaning to Degree ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Straightening = meaning to Degree ?
Cast cam cores are not always perfectly straight from the core supplier, so cam manufacturers have to straighten them to not have any run out. They use pneumatic hammers to bump the shafts while they spin them. I have see this done while going through Crane Cam’s plant when it was in Daytona.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mr horsepower showed up at my door today and let himself right in . Like he was one of the family or somthin !

Let me tell you about tryin to show him back to the door . I felt like a bouncer tryin to get a wiry scrappy 140 pound drunk out of the gin mill lol

Maybe it's some sort of a sign from the engine Gods telling me I should stick with the clay Smith cam I've got on the bench lol. Idk
How did you get him out?.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Mark means runout, the cams are not straight.
What shovelrick said did cross my mind but maybe he does mean runout.
Idk .. only thing I know is I liked the isky cams that I've run relative to others I've seen in others cars or ran myself but hey I'm just a carpenter who likes to go fast. what do I know lol

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How did you get him out?.
Kept tryin to shove em out the door but like I said he was scrappy. He wanted another round lol
It took about 20 minutes with a kitchen broom and that ain't easy when ya got 13 foot cathedral cieling lol. Hes flying directly into the windows up high and shit . Finaly found his way out the open door

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts