Team Chevelle banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
This makes me want to review my policy with Haggerty. My '55 is with Haggerty, and its pretty much my DD on weekends. I do actually take it to work occasionally on a Saturday, mostly to use the lift. Then i usually stop for a 6 pack, and some groceries on the way home. I felt like how i was driving my car, fit into their rules. i should double check.
I take my cars to work all the time also. I’m assuming you work in the shop so do I. If you work in a shop all you have to do is say you were bringing it in to work on it.

·
Registered
1970 Chevelle, 427 BBC, M-23 4 Speed, 12 Bolt Eaton Posi
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Try Heacock insurance. They are about 1/3 or more cheaper than hagerty or any of the others. Full coverage with 25 thousand valuation costs me $240.00 a year.
Welp I’m glad I went with Grundy since I have a 15 year old son that’s turning 16 soon heacock, told me they will not insure me cause he is about to get his license, uh my son will not be driving my car what kinda smh🤦🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Welp I’m glad I went with Grundy since I have a 15 year old son that’s turning 16 soon heacock, told me they will not insure me cause he is about to get his license, uh my son will not be driving my car what kinda smh🤦🏼‍♂️
When my kids got their drivers licenses, my insurance was supposed to go up big-time, since we now had inexperienced drivers in the house.

Our insurance company said that as long as they had their own car, we could sign an affidavit that they were not allowed to drive our cars, and then the high insurance rate only applied to their car.

Since each kid had a $500 beater when they got their license to learn on (and beat up, wreck, etc. i.e. learn on :) ) we had that covered.

My daughter - went through a few beaters really quick. My son - kept his beater for 4 years without a scratch. Worked out well in the end for both.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
As far as I can tell, Hagerty is a broker, not an insurance company. I don’t know about Grundy and the others mentioned in this thread but I’m guessing they’re all brokers placing our policies with insurance companies that give them the best commissions.
I just renewed with Hagerty ($360/year for $35k agreed value and the policy is through an insurance company I’ve never heard of. I’m traveling right now so I don’t have the name.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts