Team Chevelle banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
BEst service was Adam Boca of NCM insurance. Hands down first rate.
Been with Hagerty 2 yrs, rates are similar and sure they are good in a claim or so I hear. But....agents impossible to locate
Going to switch back to Adam as I can get the same casual use coverage.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Who is over all better, Hagerty or Grundy insurance?
Who is over all better, Hagerty or Grundy insurance?
I have had Grundy for the last seven years. Compared to Hagerty Grundy was $350.00 less a year for the same insured value of 55K. My premium only went up $40.00 in seven years.
I just had a recent claim resulting from a recent trip to the NSRA Show in Tampa. There was several stones on the interstate kicked up be a passing truck resulting in eight stone chips on the hood, headlight bezel and passenger door. Adjuster showed up the day after I reported the claim. Check was sent and received 10 days later. I just renewed my yearly policy with no price increase. No complaints here.

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,959 Posts
BEst service was Adam Boca of NCM insurance. Hands down first rate.
Been with Hagerty 2 yrs, rates are similar and sure they are good in a claim or so I hear. But....agents impossible to locate
Going to switch back to Adam as I can get the same casual use coverage.
:cool: Hagerty IS an agency. They in turn get your coverage from a real insurance company. My DD & home insurance agency deals with Hagerty for the 'Bu. It's simple for me, no hassle whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
I totally understand they are not your friend. What I meant was the claim the result of something preventable or an act of God or something totally out of your control.
It was an accident that I was VERY lucky that I wasn't killed.

I made it clear that I hated to file the claim, and that I'd much rather have the car back.

They were very nice, and understanding, sent the appraiser, sent the check,

followed by the cancellation letter.

So be it.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,474 Posts
I have an Agreed Value of $35K and Cherished Value on my 68 Malibu with Hagerty that's around $500 per year, insured it as soon as it was drivable and driven to the 1st body shop 5-6? yrs ago, no claims

·
Registered
704 Posts
:cool: Hagerty IS an agency. They in turn get your coverage from a real insurance company. M
This a good point. Grundy is just an agent too. Philadelphia Indemnity issues the policy, which in turn is backed by Tokio Marine. I suppose this is the case with all of these specialty insurance companies. My wife used to work for K&K, famous for insuring race tracks and drivers as well as many other entertaiment related endeavors and I believe they are nothing more than a middle man too.

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,959 Posts
I have an Agreed Value of $35K and Cherished Value on my 68 Malibu with Hagerty that's around $500 per year, insured it as soon as it was drivable and driven to the 1st body shop 5-6? yrs ago, no claims
:cool: Man, I don't think you could replace it for 35K???????????????

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have 5 cars and a trailer insured with hagerty with cherished salvage and roadside assistance. The cars are all agreed value, with 4 of them between 10k and 30k, and my upcoming renewal will be about $1000. I drive my cars all over (one trip last year was 6000 miles). The biggest thing though is that I totaled a '68 Cougar and they were easy to work with through the entire process and there was no increase or talk of cancellation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same here. Hagerty also has a value guide on their website but a couple of my cars weren't in it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I get mine from Hagerty.. it seems fairly cheap (400-ish per year?) and their customer service is good.

As an added bonus, they send me the only paper magazine I've gotten in a couple decades 🙂

·
Registered
992 Posts
I prefer Hagerty. Grundy used to have limited miles? I’m not sure anymore? Also Haggerty let you drive your car anywhere you wanted except for work and back and grocery stores etc. Grundy at the time was car shows and repair shop fuel station etc. etc. etc. Both of them require a garage which is totally understandable.
This makes me want to review my policy with Haggerty. My '55 is with Haggerty, and its pretty much my DD on weekends. I do actually take it to work occasionally on a Saturday, mostly to use the lift. Then i usually stop for a 6 pack, and some groceries on the way home. I felt like how i was driving my car, fit into their rules. i should double check.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts