Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Chevelle, 427 BBC, M-23 4 Speed, 12 Bolt Eaton Posi
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is over all better, Hagerty or Grundy insurance?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I currently have Condon Skelly and Grundy MPV. No issues With either so far. Just be sure to get Agreed Value and shop around. I think my insurers have started to increase rates.

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
I have Grundy and have had them for multiple cars over many years. Collector car insurance is expensive considering most of us don't drive our cars all that much. That and I've paid a lot of dollars out in premiums but have never claimed a loss any kind, but then, that is a good thing, isn't it?

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Expensive? Comparing equivalent full coverages with late model DD's, I'd say it's pretty cheap. This question comes up a lot and asking 100 people their opinion leads to many correct answers. Go with the one you're most comfortable with based on cost and coverage.

Reactions: NickeyChevelle

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Expensive? Comparing equivalent full coverages with late model DD's, I'd say it's pretty cheap. This question comes up a lot and asking 100 people their opinion leads to many correct answers. Go with the one you're most comfortable with based on cost and coverage.
I agree just wanting to check make sure nobody has issues with either, if something bad happens to my car I don’t want them to flake.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have JC Taylor, they use an agreed amount without a appraisal. Don't tell any of them you have nitrous on your car or they wont cover it.

I find it way cheaper and more coverage then USAA who I use for my other normal stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
I agree just wanting to check make sure nobody has issues with either, if something bad happens to my car I don’t want them to flake.
I will tell you that I had an issue with Grundy after paying an agreed value claim, after many years as a customer.

They very politely paid the claim, and very politely told me and my other show-quality cars to take a hike.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will tell you that I had an issue with Grundy after paying an agreed value claim, after many years as a customer.

They very politely paid the claim, and very politely told me and my other show-quality cars to take a hike.
May I ask who use now?

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
I have no idea what a "DD" is, but if you consider a dollar per mile cheap, you must be a very wealthy guy.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I have no idea what a "DD" is, but if you consider a dollar per mile cheap, you must be a very wealthy guy.
DD stands for your daily driver full covered vehicle. I don't understand your dollar per mile comment. My insurance on my "classic car" is $200/year. Comes in at $.08/mile if that's your reference.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just renewed with Grundy, this is my fourth year with them and I think price is up $15 from the first year. Their price was almost half what Hagerty quoted, and about a third of what my regular home/auto carrier wanted, which REALLY pissed me off. Grundy was also SUPER easy to work with to get the policy in place. Many of the others wanted an appraiser to see the car, and it had been off the road a few years and not plated, meaning either having to have them come to me or trailering it to them. Grundy just asked for six photos. Of course the REAL test of an insurance company is when you ask them to actually do their JOB, and thankfully I haven’t had to do that, so who knows. None of my business, but I’m curious to know the exact circumstances concerning the poster that Grundy canceled after filing a claim.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have Hagerty and no claims but pretty easy to deal with. Value of car was easy to set as I had insurance paper from previous owner were they had 46k agreed value.

Just updated to all my new goodies and contacted them. It put my car in modified class and and I upped agreed to 60k. The just needed a few pictures. My rate did go to $450 to $850. Also on modified there is a $1500 deductible where on stock there was none.

Will shop around nent time to renew just to make sure i have best coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I prefer Hagerty. Grundy used to have limited miles? I’m not sure anymore? Also Haggerty let you drive your car anywhere you wanted except for work and back and grocery stores etc. Grundy at the time was car shows and repair shop fuel station etc. etc. etc. Both of them require a garage which is totally understandable.

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
None of my business, but I’m curious to know the exact circumstances concerning the poster that Grundy canceled after filing a claim.
Simple.

High dollar car, high dollar payout.

No moving violations, no other issues.

These insurance companies are not your pals,

except when you have to pay THEM.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Simple.

High dollar car, high dollar payout.

No moving violations, no other issues.

These insurance companies are not your pals,

except when you have to pay THEM.
I totally understand they are not your friend. What I meant was the claim the result of something preventable or an act of God or something totally out of your control.

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
DD stands for your daily driver full covered vehicle. I don't understand your dollar per mile comment. My insurance on my "classic car" is $200/year. Comes in at $.08/mile if that's your reference.
The insurance for my Chevelle is north of $600 per year, yet I expect the premium to increase as the car's $$ value has increased. I plan to insure it for a higher 'agreed upon' value this summer when my policy comes due.

In 2021 I drove it about 500 miles and have not driven it since last October. Insurance is costly, yet I would not be without it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts