Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can recommend a decent Classic Car Insurance Co.

Thks

Rich

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went with Condon and Skelly. Cost me $87 per year full coverage for $8200 agreed value. 2500 miles yearly. No deductable on collision if vehicle is over 25 years old.

www.condonskelly.com

------------------
70 Chevelle SS/was 396 4 spd.
now temporarily 307/350TH
looking for a good big block!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just purchased a '66 SS Chevelle and had the same question about a good insurance company. You can find lots of them on the net with cheap prices but, I was a little concerned about how well they actually payoff if you have a claim. Different states have different laws governing insurance companies and if your not careful they can leave you out in the cold and the law protects them. After much research and, even a post here, I called my State Farm (Texas) agent and they fully insured the car for about $488 per year . This may seem high compared to the net prices but for me the most comforting part is I have used this agent for a long time and they have always paid off - no questions asked. I even had a teenage daughter total out her car and they didn't raise my rates. Bottom line for me - if you make a large investment in a classic car a few hundred bucks a year is a small price for peace-of-mind.

------------------
Thanks,
ccrider
Member #:267
ACES Member #:3379
66 Chevelle SS

·
Registered
425 Posts
I went thru this same exercise last spring. The key questions are how you use the car and the restrictions in the policies.

Some have useage restriction, mileage limits, etc etc

After reading a lot of posts here on TC I went with Hagerty. Do a search on Insurance, Hagerty or others and you will find a lot of good posts from about 8-9 months ago.

Happy shopping,

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.