Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw yesterday's Horsepower TV and saw once again why its excellent and Not Rod TV is so lame.

Chuck supposedly occasionaly reads stuff on this board, so if you're listening Chuck, tell us some more about the Tremec installation in your wagon. As that's something I'm contemplating for my 454 Laguna, I thought that episode was the greatest! Yesterday's episode ended without any results of the install.

So how'd it all go in the end? How's the milage and acceleration?

·
Registered
13,015 Posts
Did anyone notice that the ball for the clutch shaft was reversed? I wonder how they managed to reverse a section of video.

------------------

·
Registered
117 Posts
I noticed it too, looked like they shot the picture in a mirror. Had to stop and rewind the tape to look at it again. By the way, Super Chevy at Indy was awesome.

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 07-18-99).]

·
Gold Founding Member
1,349 Posts
I can rell you the supplier mentioned was Fortes Parts Connection they are on Moody st
in Waltham MASS you could probably get all the infoyou need from him he also advertises in the back of most of the popular magazines MIKE

·
Registered
171 Posts
All I have to say is he must have want'ed a stick awful bad!! That was a lot of work; removing inner fender just to put on the linkage, cutting and re-welding the floor pan. I'm sure the final result was worth it for him but I would have stuck with and automatic. Maybe replace the 400 with a overdrive auto tranny. Just my .02!! It was a great episode having also shown the Chevlleabration.

·
Registered
13,015 Posts
It made my heart feel good to see someone go to that much trouble to get rid of an auto and install a manual tranny in a performance car. That was the first time I had seen a Tremac up close. I don't know how well they shift or how easy they are to R&R, but the factory BW that came in my Cutlass was a pain. It was the internal rail shift style and very tedious to repair. I now have a Richmond in the car and I am very happy with it. One thing about all the trouble they went to for the swap, there is a lot of money in equipment they use in that show. I am quite sure the average Joe doesn't have access to all of that fine, new, state of the art equipment and the interior ceiling height for a lift in their garage. I bet the majority of us have to muscle that tranny from lying on our back with the car on stands.

------------------

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
DZ, that's exactly what I thought. Man, everyone seems to still be swapping the other way. I can't tell you how many guys have told me to dump my Muncie and stick a 400 in. I tell ' em I'll dump the muncie for a richmond! The stick is just too nostalgic and ol' fashioned to get rid of!

Hey is that L89 doing the interview with the TC hat on?

·
Registered
283 Posts
That was a great episode..I loved the Chevellebration. I've never seen the new Hot Rod TV (or Not Rod TV). Someone told me its on Speedvision. Well I'm glad that the host of one of my favorite shows is a serious Chevelle fan; I love Chuck's 66!! Another thing, did any of you see that episode where they hopped up those Hondas and Integras?? WHAT A WASTE OF AIRTIME THAT WAS!!! I'd like to hear what Chuck and Joe had to say about that when they handed them the script for that show!!!! I know they must of hated it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.