Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 70 SS Dashboard, the bezels around small gauges/light switch, TACH/Speedo/Clock, the radio square opening, end A/C ducts, the A/C/Heat control and center AC duct opening and the edge trim all the way around the dash is chrome.

How about the the directional signals, brake and high beam indicator circles are the bezels black or chrome?

Before I started my resto, these small circle bezels were black on my dash, but I saw a picture of a dash on the Muscle Factory Catalog and they appeared to be chrome color.

Which way is original?

Thanks,

--Andy--

------------------
1970 Chevelle SS Convertible
1937 Master Business Coupe
1996 S-10 Blazer

Yup, I'm Chevy Prejudiced!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Andy,

The black bezels around the directional signals, brake and high beam indicator are correct....just the way your dash was originally. My '70 SS is the same way and I have also verified this against a GM sales brochure. I think what you saw was either personal preference, or just an incorrect resto.

·
Registered
97 Posts
how about some more opinions on this one...
i too would like to know. i have several chevelle books and each has at least 3 cars one way and 3 another.

are they or are they not supposed to be black?

could it have been a change in production?

·
Registered
337 Posts
They are supposed to be black, same thing goes for the seatbelt warning light on 72 models.

Jeff Litka
72 Chevelle SS
72 MonteCarlo with untouched original dash

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dash on my 70SS has everything trimmed in silver except the directional signals, highbeam indicator,brake warning light and
cig.lighter. Not sure on the radio opening,I had a aftermarket stereo installed a few years back,you can`t really tell.I`m positive this is correct, because I purchased my car 13years ago off the original owner whom ordered the car for his lot in Manchester KY. back in 1970. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.