Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting close to building my engine, and I'd like to know:

For Chevy Orange engine paint (spray can most likely), WHO sells the best product? Best at a reasonable cost (thinking it should be under $25 to paint the engine, correct?) Color, durability, etc...

I will be using the factory aluminum intake. Whats the closest/best product short of having it reskinned? Again, thinking an "under $25" process. spray bomb or fresh bead blast? I haven't touched it, but it appears to have been blasted in the past...

For "grey Phospate" especially the water pump pulley (hood latch, etc), what is a fairly close match. I think I recall someone mentioning the "shock gray" but final coat fogged on from further away to give a rougher/ "flatter" texture...

I am actually thinking of using aftermarket aluminum pulleys (better low-speed-cooling ratio), but want a "close to stock" look...

Thanks

Tony

· Registered
43 Posts
I acutally just take my old aluminum intake and spray aluminum wheel cleaner on it...If you have Aluminum heads or valve covers you will want to be care full and mask them. Being careful rinse the cleaner off and use a shopvac to suck up the extra water. A blowdryer and rags works good for the clean up too.

· Registered
797 Posts
Another vote for VHT Chevy Orange paint and Eastwood's phosphate paint. Both are excellent products and reasonably priced. OEM makes a phospaint that is outstanding, but will set you back $50 for one spray can.

Woj.

· Premium Member
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another vote for VHT Chevy Orange paint and Eastwood's phosphate paint. Both are excellent products and reasonably priced. OEM makes a phospaint that is outstanding, but will set you back $50 for one spray can.

Woj.
$50 per can... Ouch...

I'll try the wheel cleaner first and see how it looks...

66 Mystery Chevelle said:
Try KRYLON Chevy Orange High Temp.

Eastwood Cast Blast
really? Wow, I was assuming it was gonna be something from Paragon, Quanta, etc...

THANKS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.