Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had it with this stupid mag that ive subscribed to for nearly a year. It gets lamer and lamer with each issue.
Get a load of this October's issue; yet another '82-'92 Camaro story - does anyone care one bit about these disposable heaps? a better question; does anyone care about their "backyard 305 buildup"? - this motor blows diarhea, and everyone knows it.
You want to see something really sick? check page 84, featuring a lowered '64 Corvette that has been completely and utterly destroyed by ridiculous wheels and the ugliest paint scheme imaginable.
But what really irritates me about this mag is the writing, which reads like it comes from some first year college intern.
Anyway, I'm done venting. Didnt mean to **** anyone off here, just wish there was a decent magazine out there that catered to the true muscle car hobbiest.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cablguy:
just wish there was a decent magazine out there that catered to the true muscle car hobbiest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that's what Playboy is for...

------------------
Cecil Hawkins
San Diego, CA
1971 GMC Sprint
The Project
All I need is time...and some $$$
"Tourist, go home! And take someone with you!"

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
WELCOME to the BEST site on the net. My question to you is did you come here just to vent about Chevy High Performance, or do you need some help with your ride?

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
there is only one way to fail, and thats to quit.
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DjD:
What a fantastic first post!! Got anything nice to say??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This dude sure knows how to make an entrance

I've actually been feeling the same way about "Super Chevy" of late, may not renew my subscription.

Welcome to the board

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

·
Registered
659 Posts
chevy high performance may not be perfect, but I think it is the best out there.

What are the alternatives? car craft? hot rod? super chevy?

As far as the 3rd gen camaro, they offer pretty good performance for the money. sure, they don't have as much personality of a chevelle, but they are cheap, have a lot of aftermarket parts available, and are fairly reliable. An article on a cheap performer is better than some car nobody could afford to reproduce.

As far as their coverage of chevelles, I don't think they could do more without having to change their name to "chevelle high performance".

Certainly it could be better, but they are pretty good compared to the competition.

just my opinion,

------------------
Charles Perrell
[email protected]
65 malibu SS Convertible
283 2v powerglide

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe that the information in the new issues is far from factual and isn't geared towards the hobbiest and our budgets, which is why i don't subscribe to any of them (super chevy, chevy high perf. car craft etc.) I do however ocasionally buy if i see an interesting article. Speaking of articles, i ought to look at my Playboy subscription...

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> '68 El Camino w/327 Turbo 350, PB, PS, PW, cruise control, A/C, gauges.
<LI> Team Chevelle Member #1289
[/list]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I ENJOY IT!!!! this month is FULL of the 2 cars i uterly love 3RD Gen camaro's/firebirds, and CHEVELLES, that's what it mostly is. that magazine isn't taylored to you exactly, some time for me its' great sometimes it's good, either way i can't wait each month to get mind in the mailbox.....

------------------
1970 SS396 AKA 454/4spd
My Chev-Hell Page
GOLD Member #783
Ft.Worth, Tx
Big Block Chevy.net
proud owner of this site
(OO=ss=OO)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey dudes, just my .02,

I subscribe to Car Craft, Hot Rod, Super Chevy, and Chevy High Performance. And I have come to the conclusion that two of those four subscribtions will be ousted. The first on the list is Hot Rod. This magazine is an extreme dissapointment. I thought it would be cool and a little low key. But all they feature is these expensive cars that no one cares about, at least the common man any way. And the second mag is Super Chevy. Man what a peice of crap. Especially for the price. This magazine is just a hyped up version of Hot Rod with just Chevys. Some of the articles are cool and helpful, but I read those the first day and so the mag sits and collects dust until the next months arrives. What a rip off.

I will, however, definitely keep Car Craft and CHP. I am verry loyal to both, each having great fix it and build-up articles. And both, easy to read. Unlike Super Chevy, the other mags don't post those stupid Super Chevy Show results that no one cares about. What's up with that.

About the Vette in CHP, I thought that was one of the Sweetest Vettes I have ever seen. For someone to spend the money to hop up an already expensive and rare car is awesome. It definetly shows class. I think the Vette IS the sweetest Vette I have ever seen. Awesome paint job and lowering job. Latez.

------------------
69 Post

JOHN
1969 Chevelle
http://www.geocities.com/w_surfer99/index.html

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cperrell:

What are the alternatives? car craft? hot rod? super chevy?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what we hear "Chevy Rumble" will be the mag by which all other mags will be judged............

------------------
"Laissez Le Bon Temp Rouler' Cha!"
Chevytalk Moderator
GMforums Moderator
"Jungle"Jim
70SS396 & 70 Malibu
My Car
"I don't drive FAST, I just FLY low!"

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Well, I guess that I am slow to catch on to how useless the magazines are - I believe that I have something like 17 active subscriptions to car related mags!

For me, they offer cheap entertainment, and ocaissional articles of great interest. Hey, the way I see it, the biggest waste of my entertainment dollars comes from the Hollywood movie mills - far more often am I disappointed with some movie or another than I am with any of my car mags.

That Vette is sweet - it made me reconsider the mid-year Corvette as street rod material.

Oh yeah, as much as you may want to forget the third gen Camaro, I would remind you that it was tremendously popular when new - its sales figures run circles around the *superior* fourth gen Camaro.

Probably for the simple reason that cheap bigger cube Chev smallblocks are easily available, the 5.0 Chev has never enjoyed as much attention as the 5.0 Ford. Really, for not much money anyone can stuff good pistons in a 305 and then add as much spray as they dare and enjoy a cheap fast ride.

One of the simple rules of economics that people like cableguy ignore is that without cheap entry level performance rides like the third gen Camaro that there will be almost no one to carry the traditional American performance car (V8, rear wheel drive car) into the future. Many of the young guys who will do a third gen Camaro will be the future buyers of our beloved classic muscle car, the Chevelle.

------------------
"Bomber" '67 El Camino, Beater comes back to life.
Was 350/TH350 14.90 @ 93mph, 360,000+ miles on car
Now 406 roller, 340rwhp, more hp coming, 3.08 gears
Street radials, left in drive, 13.20 [email protected] mph
*New* added Plum Mist '67 to collection

·
Registered
166 Posts
I second junglejimmie, I just picked up the second issue of Chevy Rumble and I have to say it puts the other mags to shame. I have yet to see such good detail in a how-to project. I highly reccomend this mag!

Tim

·
Registered
100 Posts
CarCraft and CHP are the best. HotRod has let the bottom drop and Super what??? Seriously what's up with this other Chevy rumble? Never heard of it or seen it anywhere.

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
I have fingers crossed on both hands and I have VERY high hopes that CHEVY RUMBLE will be the one we have all been looking for, for a long time.
The primary reason that I feel this way is because DOUG MARION is the Executive Editor! I have mentioned this in another very recent post, but I will reiterate it again. DOUG MARION, former editor of SUPER CHEVY----------------WAS SUPER CHEVY! He was, is, lives, breathes and loves Chevrolets. Period. Whether it is a 62 Vette with a SB400, a 409 SS, an L78 Chevelle or a rusty ole 47 pickup, he is a true Chevy guy. During the good days of the SUPER CHEVY SHOWS, when they were still put on by the magazine, Doug was involved in everything.
For these reasons, I have very high expectations for CHEVY RUMBLE. Of course, I'm not a total idiot, I do realize that time will tell the truth. I've subscribed, I'll wait and see.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
84 Posts
Musclecar Review. That's all I have to say

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468
Former Fathom Green '69 Chevelle SS 396 4-speed owner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.