Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often wondered why Chevrolet doesn't have a historic service that can document our cars like Pontiac does.I understand GM of Canada does this as well but what about the rest of the cars?Is there any way I can express my feelings to Chevrolet about the value of such a service?We all deserve to have this information on are cars!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Chevy probably doesn't have this service because of cost. To maintain records of all vehicles ever produced would be a remarkable undertaking. Nowadays, with electronic storage it would be easier than 30 years ago - but still you would need personnel to manage it, lots of hardware, software programs, backup systems, disaster recovery contingencies, etc. etc...

When it comes time to evaluate budgets and costs, historical tracking for enthusiasts is probably one of the first things dropped.

Don't let that stop you though, send them a letter or call them on the phone and state your opinion. We used to have a phone number around hear for some Chevy customer service. You give them your VIN number and they send you a big packet of info relating to your year and model (nothing specific to your individual car though). Maybe somebody else still has this number and can give it to you.

I have also heard of people describing other means to track the history of your vehicle. Not having any personal interest in this, I can't help you there, but someone else surely will.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks So Much!This site is the best!All the members here are first class!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.