Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wonderful, wonderful story on pages 32 and 33.

I can only hope to have the same admiration, respect, and love from my kids.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Wow...you got your issue over a week before me. Mine came today. Neat story you referenced. Also saw Mr. Rose's fine 68 in there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
I always get mine a few weeks after everyone else :(

is that on topic enough for you guys?

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always get mine a few weeks after everyone else :(

is that on topic enough for you guys?
that's cause your special:D

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Got mine yesterday and haven't had time to read it yet. Flipped through it quickly though and it does look like a good issue, I especially want to read the article about correct frame detailing, I would love to see more articles like that. We beginners have no idea what the correct color is for all the items on our cars.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,274 Posts
Flipped through it quickly though and it does look like a good issue, I especially want to read the article about correct frame detailing, I would love to see more articles like that. We beginners have no idea what the correct color is for all the items on our cars.
Jeff
I'm not an ACES member, but I read a buddy's Chevelle World mags.
It seems to me that Chuck should use more pages on tech articles and less pages hyping Chevelleabration.

The old NCOA magazine had a lot more tech stuff in it, FWIW.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Chuck's a nice guy and all, but improvements in the mag could be made.

That's the main reason I don't join is it seems to me $40 a year is a little much for what you get. JMHO. I could be wrong. :D

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are pretty heavy with Chevelleabration promotion this time of year :D

I'd like to see about 100 more pages but I think Chuck's has his hands full as it is. :)

·
Premium Member
13,139 Posts
It seems to me that Chuck should use more pages on tech articles and less pages hyping Chevelleabration.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Chuck's a nice guy and all, but improvements in the mag could be made.

That's the main reason I don't join is it seems to me $40 a year is a little much for what you get. JMHO. I could be wrong. :D
Dave: You better put your flame suit on. I made a similar reference a few years ago and was raked over the coals for it. I am not a current dues paying member of ACES but paid dues for many years in the past. If you don't attend Chevellabration then that is exactly what you are doing, which is paying $40 for a magazine. I always enjoyed the Chevelle World magazine but $40 is a little too steep. In defense of Chuck Hanson I'm sure it is quite a chore to produce Chevelle World on a regular basis. Especially as I assume he has a very limited staff etc. I do agree that the Chevellabration is too hyped in the magazine and I grew weary of that. I have attended several Chevellebrations and I will say it is a first class event.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,284 Posts

Not everyone is going to like every magazine, that is expected.

BUT why do you read your friends Chevelle World then? :confused:

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
¿ How often is Chevelle World magazine published a year?

I too am beginning to think the price is a bit to high to pay just for 6 magazines a year. The content is decent, but I would love to see much more tech stuff in them. The $40 a year doesn't even get the price of admission to Chevelle~abration under $80 or whatever it is this year if you bring a spouse.

For $20 a year I get way more good tech info off of this site, so technically the only thing the $40 ACES memebership will get you is a pretty expensive entrance fee to a car show.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,274 Posts
Not everyone is going to like every magazine, that is expected.
BUT why do you read your friends Chevelle World then? :confused:
Why shouldn't I? Because I didn't pay for it, I'm not supposed to read it? :confused:

After all these years, I'm still learning about these cars. I read all I can find on them.

I didn't say I didn't like the magazine, it's fine. I enjoy reading it. More tech articles would be nice, is all. If and when it goes monthly, I'll probably pony up the bucks.

For $20 a year I get way more good tech info off of this site, so technically the only thing the $40 ACES memebership will get you is a pretty expensive entrance fee to a car show.

Jeff
Exactly.

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
You guys don't have a clue what it takes to run the whole ACES thing. Instead of complaining about what amounts to a cheap dinner, you should be thanking the man who runs ACES. Remember NCOA? It's gone!! You should be thankful someone has enough interest in these Chevelles, to run a national club. Where are the Chevelle shows gonna be if Chuck decides to bail, because a bunch of know it all's didn't like the cost of the club magazine. I for one am very appreciative of the work done by Chuck and his helpers. You guys whining about a few dollars, should think about what it would be like to not have any Chevelle only shows to attend. My friends and I enjoy the ACES shows and the magazine. Don't ruin it for the thousands like us who look forward to the good times provided by ACES, every summer.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,274 Posts
You guys don't have a clue what it takes to run the whole ACES thing. Instead of complaining about what amounts to a cheap dinner, you should be thanking the man who runs ACES. Remember NCOA? It's gone!! You should be thankful someone has enough interest in these Chevelles, to run a national club. Where are the Chevelle shows gonna be if Chuck decides to bail, because a bunch of know it all's didn't like the cost of the club magazine. I for one am very appreciative of the work done by Chuck and his helpers. You guys whining about a few dollars, should think about what it would be like to not have any Chevelle only shows to attend. My friends and I enjoy the ACES shows and the magazine. Don't ruin it for the thousands like us who look forward to the good times provided by ACES, every summer.
I wasn't looking to get into a pi$$ing contest, Bill - but if you insist ...

You don't have any idea what I have a clue about. I'm sure it's a lot of work running the ACES deal and putting together CB every year. I'm glad Chuck started this club and I hope it continues for many years to come.

I'm glad you and your pals back East like the shows and the magazine, but apparently the magazine is the only thing that makes it out West, unfortunately. And like I said, the magazine is fine. I choose to spend my 40 bucks elsewhere, that's all.

I would love to go to a Chevelle-only show, but I don't have the time or the inclination to fly all the way across the U.S. for one car show; and I'm sure as hell not gonna drive my Chevelle across the country - I can't afford the gas!

Who said anything about "ruining" anything? You think a post on here by a so-called "know-it-all" is gonna hurt Chuck's feelings and make him quit ACES? I sincerely doubt that me or my little pi$$-ant post matters diddly-squat to Chuck Hanson or his organization.

·
Premium Member
4,163 Posts
I'm glad you and your pals back East like the shows and the magazine, but apparently the magazine is the only thing that makes it out West, unfortunately.
There is an ACES show in Canby Oregon this year and its all chevelles and El Caminos. is the link. Don't know where you are in CA but it will be well worth your time.

Here is the info:
CECCO teams up with ACES to host
2008 NW Regional for TWO-DAY EVENT!

August 27, 2007

The Chevelle and El Camino Club of Oregon has join forces with the American Chevelle Enthusiasts Society (known as ACES) and will be hosting the ACES Northwest Regional Show in 2008.

With the affiliation to ACES, the annual CECCO Car Show will now be replaced by the Northwest Regional and expand to a two-day event, scheduled for July 19-20 at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds in Canby, Oregon.

ACES is a national club dedicated exclusively to the preservation and maintenance of classic 1964-72 Chevelles, Malibus, and El Caminos.

The two-day event means more activities for the Chevelle, Malibu and El Camino enthusiast, with special benefits expected for those pre-registering for the event including the extra day of car-related activities.

Chuck Hanson, who is the president of ACES and also a former co-host of "Horsepower TV," will be in attendance both days to take photographs for the ACES club bi-monthly magazine, Chevelle World

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.