Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to find out what going on to the car. A wobble It fine when I cruising the car going all speeds but when I get on it hard and starts to pulli Then is wobble on the big end. So I get out of it and it fine Need some help.

Thanks
Anthony

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
Might have to do with the rear end.
What car do you have ?

·
Premium Member
7,568 Posts
Check the front steering components for looseness and worn parts. Jack up one wheel and leave the other on the ground. Grab the wheel that's off the ground and herk it from side to side. If you find movement, find out where it's coming from. Then get a front-end alignment after the worn parts are found and replaced.

What type of front tires are you running??? Radial or bias ply? Most shops have the original alignment specs for bias ply tires. If you have radials, you should use revised specs....I'll have to look those up. What year???

dErP, I see it's a 70. 🤪

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
A very easy first thing to check was mentioned in post #3 here.
Id definitely eliminate that first . Easy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the front steering components for looseness and worn parts. Jack up one wheel and leave the other on the ground. Grab the wheel that's off the ground and herk it from side to side. If you find movement, find out where it's coming from. Then get a front-end alignment after the worn parts are found and replaced.

What type of front tires are you running??? Radial or bias ply? Most shops have the original alignment specs for bias ply tires. If you have radials, you should use revised specs....I'll have to look those up. What year???

dErP, I see it's a 70

dErP, I see it's a 70. 🤪
7 chevelle.

dErP, I see it's a 70. 🤪
70 chevelle everything is tight up front

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was it doin that before the work was done on the rear end?
I have 3000 miles on the car. Not until I put the new tires on it I had different tires on it that would vibrate sometime when I got on it and cruising on the high way. I thought it had a bad tire. When I put the new one on it stop.

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
Was the car wobbling before you did the work on the rear end ?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yes Pinion angle sometimes can cause that wobble or a tire separating...tough to see but if you have a friend drive behind you at a slow speed like 5-10 miles and hour you can see if one or both of the tires has a slight shift in the tread from the centre to ones side or the other...It can be very slight but with tires that size that slight off centre can be exaggerated.

Reactions: Aml383

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
How fast do you run?
Check the wheelbase on both sides they should be close to equal.
Fast cars usually need a bit of camber added to aid in tracking straight if the suspension components are tight.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
One shock in the center? How does that work? I could wee a wobble from just that as it tries to correct. Especially with the shortened rear end.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Wobbles are going to be cause by tires or rims IMO. Check the rear by putting the car on jack stands and let the tires run a idle in gear to see if you have bad cords. I would be hesitant to drive the car at a high speed until that gets fixed.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts