Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guy's.. I'm looking for some help with my wiring. I have a 70 ss chevelle with a/c and lights not guages. I'm restoring the car and I'm changing the cluster from lights to guages. The question I have is all the sending units I've changed to guages and the under hood wiring harness is for guages...Do I need to change the dash wiring harness ?? or will the old one work with the guages cluster. The old plug in looks as if it will work...

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
The harness for the warning lights has a 10 pin plug and the harness for the gauge package has a 12 pin plug. The plug looks the same on the outside. You will need the dash harness for the gauge package and you have to be sure that your front lamp harness is changed from the warning light one to the gauge package harness. This plugs into the back of the fuse box and runs forward. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Re: 1970 wiring

There are 2 different harnesses, just make certain you get the right one. And even then you can change the pinouts behind the gauge pod if you convert to gauges at a later time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts