Team Chevelle banner

Chevelle weight

823 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  samsonace 
#1 ·
Hi guys, i was wondering what the the app weight of a 1967 chevelle with a big block 396 4 speed car is? The reason i am asking is i am wanting to buy a holley carb and i see a lot of ad s saying for automatic or manual transmission with cars weighting less than 3100 lbs.what type of cab would you reccomend with a high perforance cam ,headers, muncie 4 speed ,410 gears and about 10.5 compression ratio.the car will not be driven everyday,would a vac sec be better or a mech sec? I was thinking of 770 cfm dual line with an electric choke.or will a choke be that important in the south? A lot i have seen have a manual choke or no choke , i do not want a manual choke.the car will only be driven on weekends to car shows and maybe the drag strip every once in a blue moon.what do you guys suggest. I trying to build a car close to a 375 horse 396 with closed chamber heads l78 . What would you guys recommend ? Thanks in advance ! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.