Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking over a web site by VMR international Inc. www.vmrintl.com. They have a several step process than lets you pull up your year, make and model of car to find it's resale value. The site is like a "Blue book" guide for any vehicle including collector cars including an add/deduct % for options.
Has anyone compared these prices with their own real life experience?
Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
What Jeff (ACES841) says is very true. Most, if not all people who buy an older car (20+yrs), buy it because that is what they WANT, NOT because it is a good deal. True, sometimes good deals do come along on an older car that makes it worth buying. but not always. If a person has been looking for a particular car and then finds one that fulfills the requirements, even if it is $1-3000 more than than that persons budget, they will try to find a way to buy it. And the thing about it is, most of the time the value goes on up later on so that they can recover the original investment.
Since 1957 I have wanted a 1957 Fuel Injected Corvette. Back in the 60s and early 70s the Corvettes from the 50s were not worth much. In 73 I found a 56 Vette (same body as 57)that was a $2000 car, but the guy was asking $3000. Wouldn't come down a dime! I could get the $2000, but that other $1000 was almost impossible to get, even though I did come up with it. It has since had a frame off, among other things. Anyone want to guess what it's worth now? ($30-50,000)
Same thing with my wife's 70 Malibu conv. It was a $7500 car, I gave $8400 and now I have $13,000 tied up in it. It is NOT for sale, but if it was, I would not take a dime less than $15,000.

------------------
Tom Parsons

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.