Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is not for the died in the wool purist keep it 100% original collectors.
i'm updating some of the less obvious stuff like suspension on my 69 chevelle. i don't want to alter the looks of the car, i just want to improve the handeling, safety and performance asspects. any interesting updates some of you have done might be interesting?? i recently bought a power antenna, think i might be going overboard. john..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do whatcha wanna!! Its your car and there is really no limit to what you can do. But, unless you're rich, money may play a big factor. Anyway, I'm a big fan of the "sleeper". I love looking at a Chevelle, Camaro, or whatever, and seeing a beautifully restored automobile. Then, when it starts up, the sound of thunder and the lope of the cam literally gives me goosebumps and a permanent grin from ear to ear.
(Does anyone else have that problem? I think it must be some kinda medical condition or something.) You've got to be mentally disturbed if you don't like that sound! But this is just my opinion. I know that you said you didn't want to alter the looks, but if you want to completely customize the interior or paint, feel free to do what you want to do. I would advise that you didn't drop it so its an inch off the ground and put dished-out gold spoke rims on it.
I think I speak for quite a few folks by saying, "That just makes me sick."
To make the car handle better, all you need to do is replace all the old bushings, change the front sway bar to a thicker one, and get some stiffer springs. Performance (engine) upgrades......well, do whatever you want. There are soooooo many things you can do, so explore your options.
Good luck with whatever you do and share some pics if you've got the capabilities!!

------------------
Jeremy J. Bennett
72 Chevelle
Team Chevelle #298

[This message has been edited by 72CHEVELLE (edited 09-30-99).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.