Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am curious to see how many station wagon owners there are out there.I have the chance to buy a 71 wagon asking price is 1000.00.Have not looked at it yet but it does run and drive and its all there.It has a 350 engine thats all i know right now.How many are out there still and are parts hard to find ?

------------------
My 70 Chevelle SS & 56 Pro Street Chevy

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I don't own one, but would buy one if one were to come along. I also have several freinds looking for wagons. There are not that many around, they since they were not too popular for a long period of time. As for parts, the front sheetmetal is the same as that of an El Camino (70-72). The hardest parts to find would be interior parts, since the front seats are the same as a 4 door and the rear is unique. The one good thing is that it is more likely to have a heavy duty drive train, such as 12 bolt and disc brakes.

Steve R.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve thanks for that little bit of info i did not know about the el camino being able to exchange body parts.This one does have disc and a 12 bolt wonder if its a posi ??? I might look at it tommorow.I'am sure there is some rust on it will see.Anything special to look out for with wagons ?

------------------
My 70 Chevelle SS & 56 Pro Street Chevy

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I have a 65 2 dr that i will be getting back to work on this winter. The friend I bought it from has a 64 2dr.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
i'd love to have a 70-72 wagon and make it a driver too, an LS1 4l60e and make the inside like a custom van
too bad the wife wouldn't drive it, what an excuse to get 1 if she would

------------------
1970 SS396 AKA 454/4spd
My Chev-Hell Page
GOLD Member #783
Ft.Worth, Tx
Big Block Chevy.net
proud owner of this site
(OO=ss=OO)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
A driver with decent options for a grand doesn't sound bad at all unless it is just rusted away. Nothing better than a sweet wagon driver. I am a little partial though..

------------------
78 Malibu
-66,000 org. miles
-orig. paint
-orig. int
-orig. V6
-almost all the above is true

67 Wagon
project soon to be LT1 / 4L60E / 12 bolt posi daily driver

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 70 Nomad with a 307 3 on the tree and 10 bolt peg leg. When you check for rust, look around the back windows and the spare tire well. Beside those two areas, El Camino patch panels can be used to the repair rust.

------------------
Chappaqua: Female ailment caused by a wet bathing suit

Richard Dorrough
Tulsa, Ok
'70 Nomad (CHVELLE)
BSE454 gonna be
ACES # 789
TC # 453

·
Registered
461 Posts
There was a '69 Chevelle SW in our local paper a couple of weeks ago. Asking $800 for it. It was rough but all there, painted silver with a brush, glass was all good. Would have bought it except I really wanted a pickup. Give George a call at (910)488-9121 if your interested. I'm sure he still has it. Would make a good parts car if nothing else and I'm sure he'd take less for it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The only years chevelle 2 door wagons were produced were 64/65 and they were made in small quantities and are kind of rare now. All of the early year wagons are rare because most of them were abused and used up by their owners over the years, or used as parts cars for more profitable projects. I have owned a 65 4 door wagon for 10 years, attended a lot of car shows and swap meets and have only seen 3 or 4 four door 65 wagons. Most young kids think my car is some kind of hearse or funeral car because it is dark blue. A wagon is a great car to buy because it is practical, rare and different from all the coupes and convertibles out there. The only parts that are difficult to find are the soft interior trim parts, but a good upholstery shop can fabricate what you need.

------------------
65 Danube Blue 4 door wagon, 350/330hp crate with 700R4, Factory air, Factory am/fm stereo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.