Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago or so someone had a screensaver with a bunch of chevelle's on it. They would change to a different car every couple of minutes. Does anyone have that URL ? Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hmmm. I didn't find anything in a search of the site. I'd like to get my hooks on something like that, too. I'll look around for it and let you know if I find it.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Its Gene McGill's, check under Bench Racing the topic was there. I'll look too.

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
65 Malibu 283/PG!!!
My 65's Homepage
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
It wasn't mine, it was from a 55-56-57 chevy site that has since quit offering it. I do have one that you can download that has cars mostly from people that were regulars at IRC Chat. I have permission to add some other "Techy"'s cars, but have not added them yet. I would like to get more cars for it (hint,hint).

To download it , click here: Chevelle Screensaver. Unzip it to your "Windows" directory. On the unzipped file (C:\windows\Chevelle.scr): select the file with your mouse. Right click it and select "install". You should be set.

[This message has been edited by Gene McGill (edited 02-04-2000).]

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Gene, I have it in windows but don't get an install option when I right click on it. I'm using windows 98. What am I doing wrong?
Philip

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 64elcamino:
Gene, I have it in windows but don't get an install option when I right click on it. I'm using windows 98. What am I doing wrong?
Philip
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm running 98 also, and can do it. You are right clicking the unzipped file, right? (Chevelle.scr). Right clicking the zip file wont do it.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
How do you get it to your list of screen saver options in the control panel?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds like 64elcamino saved the .zip file in the windows directory and doesn't have winzip to extract it.

64elcamino if you want I can make it a self extracting (.exe) file and email it to you!

------------------
...DjD
69 Ragtop

[This message has been edited by Fine69 (edited 02-05-2000).]

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Gene, Thanks I was clicking on the wrong file. I guess 3 am isn't the best time to try and be technical.

DjD, Thanks for the offer.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Gold Member #42
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
[email protected]

·
Registered
165 Posts
64elcamino- No Sweat! Gene - Good job on the screen saver!! What do you think of the program you used (Screen Saver Deluxe)? Is it worth the $40.00? Did you get it via the web or ? I have been looking for something like it for a while...

------------------
...DjD
69 Ragtop

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fine69:
What do you think of the program you used (Screen Saver Deluxe)? Is it worth the $40.00? Did you get it via the web or ? I have been looking for something like it for a while...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The program I used was "Create Screensavers quick and easy" and it was $20. I like it...it actually will create a self installing screensaver, but I lost the original program file (needed to create the exe file) so all I can do now is distribute it as a zip or *.scr. Also, the file size gets kinda big as you add the special effects and good quality images, but then that's what makes a screensaver cool, IMHO. You can also add wav files, but then it gets huge.

Like I said earlier, I want to put together a second one, but would like to get more permissions before doing it.

Thanks for the comments.

------------------
Gene McGill
68 SS396
Team Chevelle Gold #14
My 68 SS396 Web Site

·
Registered
117 Posts
Gene if I supply some pictures can you make me a screen saver?? I would be happy to do something of HTML in exchange or make web graphics? I know I don't have much to offer but being young has its limits :p
Please e-mail me
Rob

·
Gold Founding Member
126 Posts
I have one of the Chevelle screen savers form Chevy Classics. I think there were three of them. I would be happy to email it to anyone who wanted it, but it is a 1.55 meg Zip file. I am not sure how many of you can receive a file that big. I f you are interested you can Email me

·
Registered
22 Posts
I loaded a screen saver from webshots.com and then replaced all of their "nature" pictures with chevelle pictures.

------------------
69 Malibu Sport Coupe
Team Chevelle 461
ACES 3119

[This message has been edited by BlueBowTie (edited 02-07-2000).]

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.