Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to get in touch with a Chevelle salvage yard that is in or near Dwight, Kansas (I think thats the name, Its near Manhattan)? Let me know if you can help. Thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there is Dean, I got a business card from him a couple of years ago, but have lost it. I ran into at a swap meet in Lawerence or KC. I was up in Nebraska this weekend getting parts and the guy mentioned the chevelle salvage yard in (or at least a guy who has alot of chevelles) Dwight KS. I heard they were pretty expensive though. I guess I can call the guy in Neb. since I think he knows the owner pretty well. By the way, the guy up in Neb has about 200 Chevelles, mostly 70-72. It is about a 2.5 hr drive for me. (Leavenworth, KS)

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
1QUIK7D;
I attend the swap meet in Lawrence, Kansas at the Douglas County Fairgrounds on a regular basis. Two years ago I had picked up a business card from a vendor who was selling various car parts. The business card indicated that he had access to over 160 cars that included 55-57 Chevrolets, 64-72 Chevelles, 67-72 Camaros and 58-72 Chevrolets. Here is the information from that business card:

Clint Wandersee Classic Auto Parts
17215 Wandersee Road
Dwight, Kansas 66849
(913)482-3384

At the time, I was looking for a '69 QJet BB intake manifold. He seemed to have access to a lot of parts as I recall. Your original post made reference to the town of Dwight, Kansas. This had caught my eye as my wifes best friend from college was from there. Hope this is the information you were looking for!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brad,

Thanks for the info. He is the guy, as soon as I saw his last name, I remembered. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wonder what the exchange rate and shipping would be for some parts ie 12 bolt rear end. haha a towing place can get some from arkensa i think for like 2 grand plus shipping that would kill me. damn that exchange rate

------------------
Owner of a 66 chevelle malibu.... might be on the road next year. I HOPE!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Joe, the guy in Nebraska is named John Watts, and he is about 4 miles south of Wymore, which is south of Beatrice. He is the guy I told you about when you were looking at my car last winter. Mail me and I can give you his number, and directions to his yard. Mat ACES#2424

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coppertop,
I get parts from the same guy in Nebraska. He lives at the Ne./Ks. state line south of Beatrice. He is a real good guy and has quite a few 68-72 chevelles, as well as some 66-67 parts. I was at his place again last weekend getting some stuff. He has alot of little things like chrome and trim. I was able to get an SS dash, a big block radiator(worked), and a RH steel inner fender from him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.