Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is non-technical but... Has anyone seen the auto parts TV commercial where a dog steals a radiator hose from under a car? The car in the garage looks like a frost lime (light green) 69 Chevelle. Its unusual to see a 30 year old Chevelle on TV so I thought I would post it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have seen the commercial, but never paid much attention to the car the guy was under, I thought it was red, I will pay more attention to the car next time I view that commercial.

Have you seen the commercial with the lady trying to start her car, the car cranks over but never starts and they are trying to sell batteries...remind me never to buy that brand! I hate the batteries that crank the motor and wont start the car!

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
I've seen that commercial for Advanced Auto Parts. I'll bet you they don't carry the lower hose, in any configuration, for a '69 Chevelle. AutoZone laughed at me when I wanted one for my '70 Chevelle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know the advertisement you are talking about but not sure about the car in the background, next time i see it i will look more closely

------------------
Owner of a 66 chevelle malibu.... might be on the road next year. I HOPE!!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
alan f
your right,they probably dont have a lower hose for a 69,but I bet they have dog toys hanging right next to the fuzzy dice and back off floor mats!these stores never have what you need.maybe they should spend more money stocking older car parts,rather than these whitty commercials.have a good one all.67rat member #199

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't know about where you live, but here in So. Ohio the Advance Auto store is about the best around. Best prices, name brands, some hi-perf parts, counter people that know something and if they don't they'll get a guy that does. I buy a lot off them, too much lately. Wouldn't be surprised if they did have that hose. tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
Alan F-

I guarantee that we stock your hose.

Robert Anderson
2nd Assistant Manager
Advance Auto Parts #0-1960
Wichita, KS

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is a 69 Malibu or El Camino. Not an SS. Can tell by the chrome strip that down the front of the fender.
Noticed it right away.

ps. I own a dog just like that one.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
here in central p.a. the advance closest to me is bad! they did not have a water pump for a 86 grand prix,did not have brake lining for my 62 chev 1 ton 4x4,did not have axle bearings for a thunderchicken I worked on,did not have redline water wetter,did not have vacumm advance for a 73 olds 350.and so on.1bads72,you must manage one of the better advance autos,the one here is lame,they are not all bad,guess the one here ticked me off,after standing in line for 35 min-the guy at the counter fought with me over a part fitting,told him just sell it to me,if it dont fit ,I wont be back. well it did fit,and I did not go back,ever.which is sad,Ill drive past them to go to napa now.this does not mean all advance autos suck,I just live near a bad example.good day 67rat member #199

·
Registered
174 Posts
Around here we used to have a rear good place for regular parts at good prices place called keyline. Carquest bought them out and now i will not go there unless i need somthing real bad and no one else is open cuz I was there to buy some tranny fluid one day and they wouldn't serve me i was only one in the store they were to buizzy talking on the phone. We had to finally say "Can I please get served????" so finally someone came and rung it all up but we were sitting at the cash for a while waiting. For high performance parts i go to Witrack that place is the cat's ass. My dad knows the owner so he will honestly tell us good things and bad things about a product. I have gotten my holley 650 double pumper, B&M shifter, wires oil pan..... and the list goes on from there
Semms like when big company took over the keyline store everyone got stupid about car parts. I think to sell the parts you should have good knowledge about cars. well just wanted to say that

------------------
Owner of a 66 chevelle malibu.... might be on the road next year. I HOPE!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its been a while since I have seen the commercial but I seem to remember seeing just the very bottom edge of the side marker which would make it a 68, but I am not at all positive about this. I have a 68 so it might have just been wishful thinking.

Charlie

·
Registered
777 Posts
Anybody seen the commercial for "WebMD"..?? The one where two old muscle cars go off a cliff and basically JUMP the grand canyon. The one on the left I believe to be a GTO convert, the white on on the right is either a 71/72 Chevelle Convert. Watch for it.
Fred

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.