Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the identification of a true SS Chevelle (67) does anyone have a picture of the x-tra bracing for the rear control arms. Still don't quite understand what the H I'm looking for. Just to let you all know that thanks to tips from this site this week I was able to re-bush upper and lower front control arms and re-install. Sure glad I did this as there is no way the front end could have ever been aligned. Put all new brakes on and got the parking brake working. And replaced the rubber around the wing. Got alot done this week thanks to all of you.

------------------
Steve

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Jeff,
Is this supposed to represent a frame off? Hurry, I want to see the rest! Could you get the painted body, and the rest of the drivetrain installed by this time tomorrow night and send us some more pictures?

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
Slime i dont have a pic. of one, but if you have a year one cat. look at page 322. They are called crossmember reinforcement brackets. They are not the same as the 72 .These will work on 64-67 only. They bolt to the upper and lower control arms.

------------------
CFR.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dom't have a year one cat. Any other suggestions. The pic of the 72 is altogether different. Thanks Slime

------------------
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Slime, the 72 picture is good, the 64-67 pieces may be slightly different but install the same way in the same location..inner of lower control bolt to inner part of frame crossmember at upper control arm bolt.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.