Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts

· Premium Member
4,727 Posts
I think that could happen to any of us....if it couldn't then why do we see wrecks all the time at the drag strip where they are going in a straight line. He actually did the correct thing to hit the gas again. It would straighten it back out. He just stayed in it too long...could happen to any of us. :yes:

· Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With your new bullet it's probably going to happen every time you nail it whether you're on sticky pavement or not! just kidding.

So when are we going to see that bad boy in action? What's taking so long? LOL

· Premium Member
4,727 Posts
With your new bullet it's probably going to happen every time you nail it whether you're on sticky pavement or not! just kidding.

So when are we going to see that bad boy in action? What's taking so long? LOL
Just waiting on my convertor and carb. Both should be here tomorrow. I hope to have the car on its first test drive the middle of next week. I am also taking my time with wiring the car and the plumbing for fuel. Don't want to rush this time and make any mistakes. Trust me we should have a "test drive" video middle of next week. :thumbsup:

I drive pretty well. Knock on wood. I just feather the throttle to control the car. Never hit the brakes. Spinning the tires on and off will correct steering a whole lot easier than hitting the brakes etc.. Just watch the Nascar guys in the grass at 180 mph! Remember the "pass in the grass?" :D

· Premium Member
815 Posts
I almost did the same thing with my chevelle the first time I did a burnout on the street with my Hoosier slicks. I left a friends house and decided to show off a little, I started my burnout in first gear, shifted to second and all of the sudden those hoosier slicks deadhooked. I had my front wheels turned a little and my car headed straight for a ditch. I lifted and got my car straightened back out. Needless to say, I'll never do that again with slicks on my car:noway:.

· Premium Member
4,727 Posts
I almost did the same thing with my chevelle the first time I did a burnout on the street with my Hoosier slicks. I left a friends house and decided to show off a little, I started my burnout in first gear, shifted to second and all of the sudden those hoosier slicks deadhooked. I had my front wheels turned a little and my car headed straight for a ditch. I lifted and got my car straightened back out. Needless to say, I'll never do that again with slicks on my car:noway:.
Yeah, the problem is with the slicks. Street tires will spin all day so just feather the throttle. Slicks and you better be straight as an arrow. :yes:

· Premium Member
8,733 Posts
The stories I could telll:) BTDT

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.