Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a '66 Chevelle SS396 with a bent frame. I have access to a '67 frame that's not bent. Does any one know if the frames are interchangeable? Can I put my '66 body on a '67 frame?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Frames should be the same. The '67 may have a few different brake line clip locations since it uses a different set-up due to a dual line master cylinder. There may also be a slight difference in the bracket for the auto trans linkage if that frame had a turbo in it. '66's must have been bad at destroying frames. I had to replace mine. I used the frame from a '66 4-door. Got another one of these frames if anyone out there needs one.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
According to the Hollander interchange manual they are not the same. 1964,65 and 66 are the same. 1967 is unique to that year only.

[This message has been edited by elcamino (edited 04-12-99).]

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Steven,
I'm in the process of doing just the opposite, a '67 on a '66 frame. They should fit, but the springs will be different. Elcamino is right, '67's are unique. They're the last year Chevy made them where the bodies are interchangeable, but with subtle changes to suspension conponents. In '68, Chevy started making the frames unique to different models. Good luck.

shvel - ACES #2716

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.