Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's 67 chevelle that we are fixing up was when new a 396. For him I am putting together a 327. When I got the engine it had a 17 inch 4 blade fan. But it is bent. Would one like that be the correct one? It doesn't have to be original, just do the job as far as cooling. Sure don't want it to get hot and ruin it. With a young driver any thing is possible. Thanks. If this is the right one where might I find one?

------------------
Steve

·
Registered
335 Posts
Is this a clutch fan? Usually they have 5 or 7 blades. The four blade solid fan would probably do ok with the 327, might even slow him down a little.(heh, heh.) Should have a shroud, or be pretty close to the radiator to work best.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The 4 blade fan is correct for a 327, but others will work.
I have a 68 327 in my 72. It is set up like the original 350 that was in the car when new. it has the original 7 blade clutch fan.
I'm pretty sure some of the differences were what cooling options the car came with, like with or without A/C, or with or without heavy duty cooling. So basicly the 4 blade fan was the standard fan for a 327.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys!! It is just a regular 4 blade fan. If the fan slows him down maybe I should figure out a way to put 2 or 3 of those on there, ha ha. It's a 327 with no air and power steering. I have ordered a shroud, so that will help. thanks again.

------------------
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.