Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a center console for my 71 chevelle with a TH350. I have a few questions though, as finding a good console on as budget can be difficult.

1. Can a 4 speed manual console be changed over to work for an automatic?
2. Are there any good ways to change the color of the console, like what kinds of paint work best?
3. Are there any good reliable sources for getting a console on a budget? Keep in mind that I am in the frozen north of Canada, and alot of the best local part suppliers won't ship up here.

Thanks for the help guys.
Email [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
1. Just need to change the top plate. Available aftermarket

2. SEM paint. Pay attention to prep.

3. E-bay

·
Registered
269 Posts
Console: How much are you looking to spend? There is a salvage yard close to where I live, I can price one out for you and get some shipping costs.
PAINT: I have used the SEM, it works great. Paint prep as noted by no1dc, I cleaned the pieces really good with Softscrub then soap and water.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't forget the 70-72 Monte carlo shares the same console. Where are you in the north, I'm as far east as you can go in Canada, I know all about the shipping cost. A new aftermartket one will cost about $400-$500 without the shifter.
The good news is our dollar is stronger now so you might be able to pick one up on ebay.

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
If you're looking for a used console, give Dale Bertrand a call at Dale's Musclecar Parts

Ph# 1-877-276-6831

Dale is in Bracebridge, Ontario. He's a good guy, and I'm sure he'll ship to you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
OPGI has the complete console kit from $254.
Link
I don't know how good the quality is but I've had pretty good luck with a lot of their other products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts