Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I was looking at the screen backgrounds that Al posted. There is a 70, 67 and a 66 conv. Those cars look great!! I was thinking how about an all Chevelle calendar. Would you buy one? What would be the criteria for a car to be on the calendar?
Let's take a poll.

Luis!!

G

·
I would buy one. I don't know what would be involved in putting one together, I do know that printing can get high dollar if you are not doing it in volume.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It would be nice to have all years (64-72) represented. I would buy two (one for at work and one for the garage). It would be nice if ACES would take the lead on this. Maybe a limited run the first year to see how it sold. Then maybe take orders for the following year. It could hi-lite certain upcoming events that are already locked in. Any other thoughts/ideas?

·
Administrator
3,375 Posts
Well, I've learned never to say never when it comes to what and where this website can go!

We would sure welcome some clean, clear Chevelle picts to use for backgrounds and future feature cars. If you are thinking about taking some picts of your car keep the background in mind as it's as important to the finish as the car itself.

Get an extra copy made and add some info, then send it to us at:
Al McKenzie
Box 68,
Porthill, Idaho 83853

Glad you enjoyed them Luis, appreciate hearing that! Al

·
Registered
6 Posts
TERRIFIC IDEA!!!

I am in the middle of a complete frame off resto on a fully documented 1970 LS-5 SS-454 Convertible with air. Car is red, black stripes, black top and black interior with console.

Due to the many t-bills already spent on Year One parts just for under the hood alone, I asked them if they would be interested in using it as a cover car for one of their Chevelle Catalogs once I finish it. They said they would be. Car has all new sheet metal and will have all new interior, top and paint too when done.

Right now I could provide professional photos of the engine compartment. Everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) is new under the hood, and except for a TCS solenoid and correct heater hoses, engine compartment is done.

Yes I would buy at least 2 calenders; probably LOTS more if I got my car pictured in it.

Ray

·
Registered
366 Posts
Okay, it seems that all Chevelle nuts who responded want at least two each. Now how do we approach Chuck Hanson to take the lead for his ACES members and the Web Site followers? Does he follow this Website? Do any of the adminstrators/moderators provide feedback to him to keep him updated on whats happening?
Is anybody out there in this type of business? Seems like it could be a good business venture. Or is this more involved than anyone wants to get into?

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Great idea, but I agree with Al, the pictures have to be really good. I am a photographer and there is nothing worse then a tree or swing set "growing" out of the roof of someones nice car. A good example of a calander is the Snap On tools calander(cannot afford the tools mind you). If we put more then one car per month we could easily accomadate the El Camino's, Sprints, Boumont's(sp?), and Chevelles. My thoughts anyway.

·
Administrator
3,375 Posts
I guess a slight clarification is in order.

Aces are a part of this site - specifically chevelles.com/aces/ and all the on-line issues.

The rest is Team Chevelle, which is just a loose collection of us Chevelle nuts with keyboards. That includes this tech discussion board, and we promote Aces through it as a benefit to the hobby.

Most costs are covered by your's truly and come out of an hourly paycheck, the time is donated by us all.

We would love a sponsor or two, but none are interested in chevelles.com (perhaps this also explains my attitude towards supplier discussions on these pages).

Just wanted to be clear on this.
'Admin' Al

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
I guess my response is why don't you make calenders to pay for this site? At least would you look into the cost of manufacturing it to see if it would be worth it? I guess you would need a list of people who would want one to start with, AND when I say want I mean BUY one. I guess I'd like to see some sort of kick back for Al, maybe we should start some sort of donation membership to team chevelle..anyway, if there is something we (chevelle tech members) can do to help this calander be made, TELL US WHAT TO DO AL!

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,679 Posts
Right on, Joe Y. Put me down for one. I'd like to see as many year, model, and color combinations as possible, so more than one per month would be great. I agree with profits to the site to cover costs. Von

·
Registered
6 Posts
We could also, in addition to the single big car photo each month, have smaller 'sidebar' photos of engine compartments, interiors, etc. These sidebar photos would provide details of the feature car.

A number of years ago I inquired about how I could obtain specialized calanders for my sandblasting business. I was told that I would have to place an order for 1000 (I think) calanders at a fixed price. Once I got the calenders, I could then sell (or give them away) for whatever I would want.

Taking this one step farther, I guess ACES could contract out for a minimum order and then offer to sell them for a slight profit. Anyway, it's been a number of years since I inquired but any calender made should have the manufacturer's name on the back. A simple call to them from ACES would answer a lot of questions.

FWIW - I have my charge card in hand and would be willing to pay for at LEAST two calenders in advance.

Al - your turn....

Ray

·
Registered
6 Posts
We could also, in addition to the single big car photo each month, have smaller 'sidebar' photos of engine compartments, interiors, etc. These sidebar photos would provide details of the feature car.

A number of years ago I inquired about how I could obtain specialized calanders for my sandblasting business. I was told that I would have to place an order for 1000 (I think) calanders at a fixed price. Once I got the calenders, I could then sell (or give them away) for whatever I would want.

Taking this one step farther, I guess ACES could contract out for a minimum order and then offer to sell them for a slight profit. Anyway, it's been a number of years since I inquired but any calender made should have the manufacturer's name on the back. A simple call to them from ACES would answer a lot of questions.

FWIW - I have my charge card in hand and would be willing to pay for at LEAST two calenders in advance.

Al - your turn....

Ray

·
Registered
28 Posts
Whoevers' turn it is, or who ever gets these calendars made up... I want two of them! Please let me know when they're ready, OK? Hope there's some 69s in these calendars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.