Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it really didn't have anything to do with my chevelle except that it was on my trailer and I was pulling it with my suburban. After I unhooked my trailer, the brake lights and third brake light on my suburban will not go off. All other lights act normal. I finally pulled the two fuses under the hood. The lights stay off untill I hit the brakes and once again they are stuck on. Of course, it's saturday and all of the dealers are closed until monday. Any ideas to troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance.

Dave in Denver

·
Administrator
15,812 Posts
Dave what year is the surburban? The first place to check is your trailer brake controller. Disconnect it from 12 volts and try the stop lights. If that doesn't correct the problem disconnect the wire from the controller to the stoplight switch and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Philip,
I did just that. It's an 01. I unhooked the brake controller under the dash, and every thing works fine. I then plugged the brake controller back in, and it still worked. I don't have my trailer at home to try and plug it back in, so I'll just have to wait and see if I have a short in my trailer wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.