Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so i decided NOT to upgrade my 8.2 as it will just cost more than i want. I have the list of vehicles with posi and a list with gear ratios, to search local junkyards.

My main question is , is there a complete list of vehicles that have the 8.5in 10 bolt that will directly fit my 69 chevelle? After searching 9 out of 18 pages of threads the search gave me, i came up with 70-72 monte carlo , 71-72 Cutlass and Skylark , and some 71-72 chevelle but rare. anything else ? or at least anything that requires minor modifications ,without having to spacers for wheels. My rims are completely stuffed in my well. 295/60/15. I have 1/4inch to frame and same to outer fender.

·
Registered
451 Posts
How about the 71-72 Pontiac Lemans, if you happen to live near Binghamton NY there is a 1972 Lemans in Gary's you pull it right now with an 8.5 open rear. They will torch it out for you for a small fee plus the cost of the the rear itself and its yours.

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
i don't think the 70-72 Montes or Chevelles had the 8.5 in them. but i think most of the BOP derivatives had one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok..apparently that rear had amolst nothign on it, so now i have another guy with a housing...he doesnt know exactly what its off, but gave me the axle code WC P115 . It fits into his 69 GTO but is not sure thats what it came out of. Can someone look up this code for me. im not getting much in search results on yahoo

1 - 20 of 28 Posts