Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from Chevellabration '99. One word, WOW! It has doubled in size from last year. Last count I heard was 226 Chevelles showed up that were registered. Car show, two cruises, drags, swap meet, contests, seminars (including some good ones by Gilbert Propes), even an air conditioned port-a-jon. Everything was as perfect as Chuck Hanson and the Mid-South Chevelle Club could make it. A big thanks to them.
I met most of the Chevelle Tech regulars that attended (approx 25). Thanks to L89SEDAN for bringing hats and a tent canopy, to Dean for bringing a banner, and a personal thanks to MoeMan for giving me a ride to the drags in his award winning, Survivor class, original unmolested '69 Malibu.
Congratulations to Team Chevelle regulars that won awards, including: L89SEDAN, MoeMan, elcamino, CVELLE, and mild68ss's son (die cast model racing).
I can't wait til next year. von
P.S. I know this should be in bench racing but I tried to post it in there without success.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
It was a kik huh Von,,, wait till next year,, maybe we should start forming our own tug a war team now???? Any body wieghing 350 lbs ++++ please leave name an # :0) Later All L89SEDAN

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We would definately need some more beef to compete with the "big 'uns" that won this year. Should warn them about Chuck's sister, though. von

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, I've never heard of it before, where and when does this take place?

------------------
Julia
'71 Chevelle

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
We (my wife and kids) also had a great time. I don't feel like I got to meet enough of you.

I missed the Team Chevelle group picture while listening to Alan Colvin (author of the "Chevrolet by the Numbers" books) speak about his belief, based upon his research of factory documentation, that there were 14 1971 LS6 cars built - Fascinating!.

We are going again next year!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Hey Von we resemble that remark.... Just wait until next year when we bring some other members down. Gotta beef up cause the Georgia boys said they want revenge for losing this year... It was fun this year and I'm sure that me and my parents will be back again next year with our 71 conv and maybe I'll have a car back on the road by then! It was fun meeting with some of you and I'm sorry I didn't get to talk with the rest but your more than welcome to come visit me at the MCC show in 2 weeks!!!

later people
J.J. Fig

·
Registered
603 Posts
we had a great time too. enjoyed meeting those of you i met. thanks again l89sedan for the cap.
everything seemed to work out great. the show,contests,cruises,races,weather and the banquet.
looking forward to next year.
hope everyone had a good trip home. ours had a few hard downpours. i'd rather drive in it than have it rain us out.
ttyl

·
Registered
687 Posts
This was my first but not my last!I just hope I can take mine next year.I really enjoyed it all except getting blocked in at the drags by a jr. dragster trailer that decided to parks sideways in front of my truck(idiot).Anyway I enjoyed meeting those members I could catch up with.Just wish my wife hadn't decided she wanted to go to store when Chuck took Team pictures.There were a lot of truly amazing chevelles!

------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887
TC #127

·
Registered
446 Posts
L89- Thanks for the hat! And that's one fine ride you got there. Could we get Chuck's sister on our tug-o-war tam?
Julia-Find the link to ACES and join up. It's well worth it! Nashville in June is the place to be.
Mild 68- I'm gonna put "Pic Me" on my entry next year- it worked for you! Good looking 68! Great color.
Von- It was great to meet you, you and me buddy in my little ole 69 Bu - We had that 71 454 for what? five maybe ten feet off the line at Union Hill? And thanks for taping Gilbert's seminar for me.
And to everyone else I met- very glad to meet you- hope to see you again next year or at the Regionals in Tulsa or Georga this year.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Man....all you guys are making me sick at my stomach!
I mean...I live 2.5 hrs. from Nashville. I missed out on the show last year cuz I simply didnt know about....but swore I would be there this year.
Well.....I had to choose which show which weekend to attend.....Chevellabration last weekend or Camaro, Chevelle, Nova Nats this weekend in Pigeon Forge.....I chose to work last weekend and go to Pigeon Forge.
Now all you guys talkin up all the fun you had and those Pics really look cool.
I think I messed up.
Glad you all had fun.

I vow now to be there next year.

HEY L89SEDAN.....its not 350+ lbs. but I am 215lbs of Lean, Mean, Sex Machine (O.K.....so its just 215lbs. of table muscle ) raring to go in that Tug-O-War next year.

Bummin!
Shannon

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
I remember reading something about the 14 1971 LS6 engines, It was engines assembled by engine code at the Tonawanda engine plant, and there are no records of the engines being shipped to any assembly plant to be installed. If I remember right, it was 10 4-speed and 4 automatic codes, or Vice versa.
We should be there next year with our Fathom Blue LS6

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.