Chevelles.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find out who else here plans to attend CB09 AND is in to home brewing.

I'm recently back into the hobby with a couple batches under my belt... and figured that next June, I'd brew my beer for the trip rather than running to Kroger. And I got to wondering if anyone else would care to get together on the parking lot and compare home brew. Who else is brewing?

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I would like to find out who else here plans to attend CB09 AND is in to home brewing.

I'm recently back into the hobby with a couple batches under my belt... and figured that next June, I'd brew my beer for the trip rather than running to Kroger. And I got to wondering if anyone else would care to get together on the parking lot and compare home brew. Who else is brewing?
Would you be thinking of running untaxed alcohol across state lines???:eek:

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Bottle it in some bottles that used to be full of taxed beer!

·
Registered
673 Posts

I wouldnt mind trying some. Ive never tried any. and being in the Airforce Ive been able to sample quite a few.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I got to wondering if anyone else would care to get together on the parking lot and compare home brew.
I'd be willing to make the sacrifice and sample all home brewed beers that need drinking ..eeerrr sampling;)

.or for that matter any other beverage that Greg makes at home... I remember a tasty jar of goodness last year:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Would you be thinking of running untaxed alcohol across state lines???:eek:
"Hold it...I got a news flash for you, that's called bootleggin' and that's against the law"

"Well who gives a turkey when the Snowman and Bandit are runnin' the booze, no one can stop us"

:D

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I homebrew but probably won't go to a CB anytime soon. Sounds like fun though.

·
Premium Member
5,657 Posts
Actually it's not bootlegging, as a brewer myself a family can produce 200 gallons legally tax exempt.

Legal Status of Homebrewing in the U.S.A.
Updated: 9/95
United States Federal Government
Status: Permitted, subject to age restriction and amount (gallonage).
Statute:
United States Code Title 26, Subtitle E, Chapter 51, Subchapter A, Part I, Subpart D, § 5053 provides an exemption to the code permitting the production of beer for personal or family use. § 5052 provides a definition for beer (see applicable statutory material).
Discussion:
The 1978 amendment to § 5053 added subsection (e) thus federally recognizing the home production of beer. Amendment XXI (1933) of the United States Constitution repealed the prohibition of intoxicating liquor (Amendment XVIII [1919]). However, section 2 of Amendment XXI and state police power gives states the authority to regulate the production, transportation and possession of intoxicating liquors. Therefore the home production of beer is recognized by federal statute so long as such production is not in violation of state law.
Special Provisions:
N/A
Alcohol Beverage Control Agency:
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
650 Massachusetts Ave.
Washington, DC 20226
(202) 927-8700
Applicable Statutory Material:
§ 5052 DEFINITIONS
(a) Beer.--For purposes of this chapter (except when used with reference to distilling or distilling material) the term "beer" means beer, ale, porter, stout, and other similar fermented beverages (including sake or similar products) of any name or description containing one-half of 1 percent or more of alcohol by volume, brewed or produced from malt, wholly or in part, or from any substitute therefore.
§ 5053 EXEMPTIONS
(e) Beer for personal or family use.--Subject to regulation prescribed by the Secretary, any adult may, without payment of tax, produce beer for personal or family use and not for sale. The aggregate amount of beer exempt from tax under this subsection with respect to any household shall not exceed--
(1) 200 gallons per calendar year if there are 2 or more adults in such household, or
(2) 100 gallons per calendar year if there is only 1 adult in such household.
For purposes of this subsection, the term "adult" means an individual who has attained 18 years of age, or the minimum age (if any) established by law applicable in the locality in which the household is situated at which beer may be sold to individuals, whichever is greater.
Note: The information presented here is to the best of our knowledge and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice specific to the laws of your state.

Rocky

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob, last year that was my 'corn beer'! ;) Yum! I suspect I'll bring that again, too. I just finished making some 'Pear Beer' for Christmas. YUM, YUM, hiccup, YUM!

Rocky, thanks for the info... (I wasn't worried). Are you brewing anything currently?

Me? I've been focusing on gluten free these past several months. In the keg is a coffee brown ale that is 100% gluten free. (why gluten free? click:HERE) My employee is gluten intolerant and since I couldn't give her a raise this year, I began making her beer she could drink. For CB, I'm going to work on an American Pale Ale or a light lager.

Al??? Don't you know a little about brewing???

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
Producing 200 Gallons in Goodletsville Tenn. when Rob. M. from the long Island Chevelle Club is in Goodlettsville....... This Kant be a good thing.
A few years ago, Robs. father asked him what he wanted for a graduation present ? Rob. said , " Hey Dad,, Fill the bathtub up with BEER and try to DROWN me ". Not sure it this is true, Ask Rob...........
Bob:beers:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'll drank all da home brew anyone wants to bring too Goodletsville!!! :beers:

Also remember that as of 2007 in the state of TN you can get Yeungling products!!! :beers::thumbsup::hurray::yes:;):cool: And my FAVORITE is their "Black & Tan". Lastyear I grew tired of the usual BudLight, Miller Light, Coors Light etc... I like beer to have FLAVOR. I recently tried the new Bud "American Ale" but it tastes like Killians Red to me and I won't be wasting any space in my frig with anymore of that slop anytime soon. Another favs of mine is "Blue Moon" with about 1oz of orange juice per 12oz bottle. I used to laugh at "fruits drankin fruity beer" until this summer when I tried a Blue Moon with the customary orange slice in it (It's a wheat beer). Now rather than bother with oranges, cutting and peeling, I just said hell wif it and poured in the oj and WHALLA, it's purty daggum good. :beers:

The MOST awesome beer I've had in my scant 37 years is from Munich, Germany, it's from the brewer: Spaten-Franziskaner Brau. It's a Dopplebock style named "Optimator". It's AWESOME, but at about 7% alcohol it doesn't take many to get "comfortable"! :D

I likewise know some "good ol boys" from up in the Smokey Mountains around Morristown (Rusty Wallace country) and they make up some of that "liquid corn" in Mason jars that is MIGHT good stuff as well as an all purpose cleaner, starting fluid and expensive fuel additive... :yes:
RA

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
:beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rocky, darn straight we'll be talking... I love Newcastle! So, will you try to bring some with you??? (this winter I'm working on converting 3 Sanke kegs for my new brew set up. As soon as they're up and running, I'll be doing all grain too... 10 gallons at a time!!!)

I was just wondering... what kind of beer goes with Jambalaya?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was just wondering... what kind of beer goes with Jambalaya?
After 6 German beers or a 12er of the usual American beer... ANYKIND who cares??? :yes: :beers:

LUVS me some Jambalaya, don't forget the mudbugs, sausage and corn!!! :thumbsup:
RA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts