Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried to book a room at Shoneys,
all gone,
good news is Hampton Inn still has a few rooms, bad news is Phone # in ACES magazine is incorrect, good news is I have the right number> 1-615-851-2828 There parking lot buts up to the shoneys so it is the next best choice, alittle more xpencive but they do have rooms, better hurry I couldnt believe Shoneys was booked already, Good Luck, L89SEDAN

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
Thanks,L89, glad I reserved mine already. Last year I believe there were still rooms available on the 1st day of CB. Sounds like maybe a lot more people-and Chevelles this year. Yee-ha! One word of caution, the parking lot of Shoney's is tight. Might want to plan on leaving trailers at the park ( approx 1 mile away). von ACES 1575

·
Registered
622 Posts
Trailers ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
HUH ??????????????

------------------

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
What the hell is a trailer????? Is someone bringing a horse to this thing?

[This message has been edited by d1_bradley (edited 02-22-99).]

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
Yes, there'll be many horses brought in trailers. Last year a guy brought over a thousand in one trailer. They were in a Pro-Stock style '70 SS with a 604 cu in BB with 2 Dominators, nitrous, etc. Car had SS604 emblems on the fenders. This car won People's Choice Award. Of course many horses were driven in, too. von

·
Gold Founding Member
63,944 Posts
Love that answer Von.

Here is email I received from Chuck Hansen

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hi Dean,

Sorry about having to respond to you, Dean, but I don't have an
address to send email to Mike. Anyway, YES any ACES Member can
register for Chevell-abration, even if they don't bring a car. Cost
is $40, and includes a FREE event T-shirt and one banquet meal. Add'l
shirts and meals have to be paid for separately.

As you know, Dean, registration for the car show is FREE for all
registered Chevell-abration participants anyway. ALL Chevell-abration
participants are automatically registered to win the HO 454 we'll be
giving away as the Grand Prize Giveaway. As for non-Members
registering...Sorry, but this is ACES' National Convention, and as
such is only open to ACES Members. We don't, however, place those same
restrictions on the Regional events. They're open to everybody.

Can't believe the activity already. Looks like we're in for a real
barn burner! I checked with the host hotel, and already they're almost
booked, so will try to block more rooms in adjacent hotels and
negotiate for decent rates. Looks like Hampton Inn and maybe the
Comfort Inn will be first on the list since they are all very close to
the Shoney's Inn.

Best regards,
Chuck<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Dean Call
Overland Park KS.
A.C.E.S. # 00235
N.C.O.A. # 4350

macc.chevelles.net

[This message has been edited by Dean (edited 02-22-99).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can somone fill me in on where Chevelabration is being held and when I would like to go if it is within any distance of me

Thanks
Charles

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Well I guess I let that little tidbit of info slip by me I did not know that you HAD to be a member of ACES to attend. I'm sorry but I just don't see the logic, if I am willing to pay $40, who cares wheather I belong to NCOA or ACES or my local chevelle club on any CLUB for that matter. I thought this was a celebration of chevelles not a club fund raiser. Also I went to the ACES site and expected to find an entry form- either it's not there or I can't find it. Sorry I am venting, it's been a bad Monday!

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Well I guess I let that little tidbit of info slip by me I did not know that you HAD to be a member of ACES to attend. I'm sorry but I just don't see the logic, if I am willing to pay $40, who cares wheather I belong to NCOA or ACES or my local chevelle club or any CLUB for that matter. I thought this was a celebration of chevelles not a club fund raiser. Also I went to the ACES site and expected to find an entry form- either it's not there or I can't find it. Sorry I am venting, it's been a bad Monday!

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Go back to ACES site and click on how to join and an entry form will appear,print it and send in to ACES.

------------------
John 67SS

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just called hampton inn and they are full for that weekend,called holiday inn express at 615-851-6600 and they still have some rooms available.$63.00 a night.Got mine already.

------------------
John 67SS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.