Chevelles.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on a 65 Impala 482" street car with Nitrous.
Odd ball tight lash cam, dual plane intake, 12.8:1 cr........
And a 200 shot.

So much wrong with the combo, but we have it in the low tens.

Sigh....customers!

Hope you guys are all well!

Ron

·
Premium Member
16,123 Posts
Long time no read ur posts! and the same with you sir

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Have any pic's of the car?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,031 Posts
:waving:
:beers:

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used Photobucket for pics, but since they went to pay to play, I don't have a new picture host.
So sorry, no Impala picture.
It's very dark green, and looks like it should run 13's!

The Nova is doing well. [email protected] is my best, hoping for my first 8 in a couple of weeks at our annual track rental. We will see if the weather and the car cooperate!

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Ron,
Just an idea. I'm wondering if possibly, as a regular dyno operator, if maybe you could, on occasion, share some tuning case studies that we could learn from?

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I used Photobucket for pics, but since they went to pay to play, I don't have a new picture host.
So sorry, no Impala picture.
It's very dark green, and looks like it should run 13's!

The Nova is doing well. [email protected] is my best, hoping for my first 8 in a couple of weeks at our annual track rental. We will see if the weather and the car cooperate!

Ron
C'mon Ron you know those little LS turbo's don't run that good!:wink2:

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Rod,

Sadly the boss decided that I'm too slow and methodical on the dyno so he took that over back in Feb and I've just become a wrench. End of this month will probably be my last work there. Hopefully I will get to tune the 2010 416" Camaro turbo I'm finishing up. Although the boss has never tuned an LS anything, he says he can do it........

The poor Impala burned yet another spark plug tip off, and lost second gear in the TH400 this last Wed. The boss is the nitrous tuner.....I don't like the stuff.

Del, good to hear from you. The little turbo stuff runs pretty darn good. Big learning curve when using E85 though.....

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Hey Rod,

Sadly the boss decided that I'm too slow and methodical on the dyno so he took that over back in Feb and I've just become a wrench. End of this month will probably be my last work there. Hopefully I will get to tune the 2010 416" Camaro turbo I'm finishing up. Although the boss has never tuned an LS anything, he says he can do it........

The poor Impala burned yet another spark plug tip off, and lost second gear in the TH400 this last Wed. The boss is the nitrous tuner.....I don't like the stuff.

Del, good to hear from you. The little turbo stuff runs pretty darn good. Big learning curve when using E85 though.....

Ron
Ron,
Oh well...his loss. Thought it would be cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts