Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It was suppose to be mine cause I've been wanting a ragtop bug for a looooong time now
, but the wife con'd me into letting me have my Mustang back
:D
It's a '61 ragtop, but the guy who had it had the wrong tail lights on it
He was missing some parts for the originals, so he just ended up installing some '62 and newer taillights that he already had. I already bought a new set of tail lights for it, I just gotta paint them black :D

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have one of these. Mine is a 61 Rag , diamond green metallic , TMI interior , Sew Fine seat covers , Empi 5 spokes w/ big and small tire package and a 2007 I'm just now finishing .........also has a CB narrowed adjustable front beam and I'll have it ready to roll .....AGAIN....... with the new motor in about 2 months.
Ask Billscamino how nice it is! I love the car ! Besides its a 4speed rear wheel drive.........right up my alley!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! :thumbsup: I started working on the '61 tail lights yesterday, and already have 2 coats on them! :D Gonna be wet sanding them today and seeing how they came out
:D I have a '66 Ghia with Porsche alloy replicas on it, I was thinking of putting them on the bug, but the wife doesn't want to...she says she doesn't want to call the wrong type of attention. I would LOVE to drop the front a little more tho, I LOVE the raked look on Bugs!

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
This right here is why the new car market is suffering. With great old iron out there like this, who wants to spend $30,000 on a new car?
Exactly! The more the new cars continue to be boring and overcomplicated the more I find myself looking at cars I passed up all day long during the 80s, too much cool stuff out there.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sweet....I used to be heavily into the VW scene.

Had a 56' rag top semiphore car in highschool with a 2110 stroker. Had lots of fun beating up on all the rich kids at school with thier brand new 5.0's :D

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice! A 2110cc!!! Sweeeeeeet!!! I wouldn't mind having a kick @$$ motor like that! :D I've got a 1641cc sitting in the back, just gotta rebuild it :D I'd love to have at least a 1776cc or bigger tho! :D

·
Registered
8,987 Posts
Very nice, My wife wants one but around here they are rusted up to the door handles. If you don't mind, What did you have to give for it?

LK

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice, My wife wants one but around here they are rusted up to the door handles. If you don't mind, What did you have to give for it?

LK
Picked it up for $2800 :)

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
Careful though, they are dangerous if you get into accidents. Also the magnesium blocks are great fuel for a hot fire! Still cool though!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.