Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Check out my homepage

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  GlennLS-6 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
Great home page, Glenn. Love the old article on your LS6, with the 70's race car modifications typical of the time! It's great that you have that bit of your car's history. Welcome aboard.

#5 ·
Thanks guys for your positive comments. Ian, I checked out your homepage & your dads wagon reminded me of a car my cousin bought brand new, a 1970 chevelle wagon, 350 ci, 300hp with a factory 4 speed, muncie shifter, bench seat. The car was dark blue, blue interior & he used it for a work vehicle for many years. He also bought a 70 camaro ss for his wife, 350/300 also with 4 speed. It was the model with the split front bumper, endura center, competition orange, black interior. That car had a major rust problem from early on, supposidly GM had some body prep problems, the paint just fell off & rust crept up everywhere. being in NY winters didn't help either. Glenn

#7 ·
Rich, those palm trees were flown in just for the pictures, I told the photographer people wouldnt believe its Long island but he kept mumbling something about artistic creativity? Who am I to question! haha

#8 ·
Yeah the chevelle, nova, and camaro are cool, but I want some more info on that tractor! What'd he have? Nitro methane? Dude, I've been trying to get my tractor to hook up properly for months while in low... whats your secret?

------------------
Joe Y.
68 malibu
Bloomington/Normal, IL

#9 ·
Ok,Ok, Now you guys know. Everybody has to get started someplace, even John Force. He ran that tractor very successfully for many years until this very event! If you look close you can see the added weight he had to run on the front bumper due to the massive wheel stands (similar to tractor pullers). He was finally banned from nhra racing due to the wild starting line antics. At this event he was sidelined never to race "old betsy" again. Wally Parks personally took away his keys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.