Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
These work fine for most of the car's troubleshooting. Have a couple of their next model up. Paid $6.99 for each. One thing is to replace the battery with a "rabbit" type before storing it in the tool box. Cheap batteries leak.

·
Gold Founding Member
63,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John_Muha:
replace the battery with a "rabbit" type <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok John, what is a "rabbit" type ?

I have so many different meters in my service truck, some of which I don't use very often and it's always a problem to remember to keep
batteries fresh in all of them
I guess I should have a date marked on the calendar to replace all batteries every six months or so but I've gotten so I just leave them out of most everything except my amprobe and leak detectors

[This message has been edited by Dean (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean:
Ok John, what is a "rabbit" type ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An alkaline type, Dean. Original's that come with the meter are often old before you buy it and are subject to leakage.
"Rabbits"? That Eveready bunny keeps goin' & goin'.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
That price is so low that I gotta run out and get one soon. It does not matter that I already have a few now. A new one would be good. About the rabbit, I think that it is Energizer. Eveready has (had?) a cat or maybe it was a blimp for advertising.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JWagner:
About the rabbit, I think that it is Energizer. Eveready has (had?) a cat or maybe it was a blimp for advertising.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think the cat died years ago. http://www.energizer.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts