Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halfway-decent body and original paint!

This thing is SO cheap that I'd already have it here if it was closer to me (I'm in MI, it's in VA). Obviously, the motor is gone, but if you could get it for around $2000 it would leave plenty of cash to scrounge up a mild '70s 454.

Not sure what these are worth, but the asking price suggests the guy just wants to get rid of it....

1973 Chevelle SS454 Wagon

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
As a wagon guy, I would call this wagon, A major " RUST Bucket ". :nerd:
WAY to much SheetMetal rust for me ! ( Have fun finding parts for ANY 73 Wagon)
Bob

·
Registered
14,988 Posts
I found one of those hitting yard sales a few years ago. It was complete. I bought the 8" ralleys and asked about about rest. It was his first car and nobody else was ever going to own it. So he parted it and took the rest to the crushed. Shame, but it was his car. Jim

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
I've owned an SS with the L48 and watched an SS 454 sell a couple years ago in similar shape as this one.......this 1 is way overpriced @ $2500

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you guys think a fair price would be for this?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
That baby looks pretty rusty on the underside.
Look at the pic of the rear end. Above the rear end it looks like there is no floor left.
Are those seat springs I see?
Dash vin is rusty.
Radio face plate is rusty.
Never saw door panels sag like that.
Almost looks to have been submerged or windows left down.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Can't recall the production numbers but 600 something sticks in my mind on total SS wagons. The 454 production was most likely less than a third of those. That said, this 1 is gone, RIP, it's worth whatever parts you can scavenge and move to another car.

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Sorry Tony....but that car is scrap, IMHO....and has been for a long time.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I found my missing left sock!! :grin2:

I have never see a car where the floorboards were so gone the seat bottom was fully exposed. The pic of it behind the rear end.

Agreed, this car is too far gone. It's not like a 69~72 where every panel and part can be found new.

The emblems would make a nice tribute car.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
In the mid-1980's I bought a 1968 Caprice station wagon with less than 70,000 miles on it....for $400. It was clean, relatively rust free, and had tinted glass, a roof rack and really decent paint and interior. All it needed was tires but nobody wanted such a gas hog barge in the '80's. We beat it around the back roads for a few days, yanked the 325 hp 396 and turbo 400 and left the rest out behind the barn, where it sat for almost a decade before I scrapped it along with several '68-'72 Chev and GMC pickups and the remnants of a parted-out "69 SS 396 Chevelle! What a shame that we did such things.

The '73 above looks more like $25.00 than $2,500.00....a real rust bucket scrapper.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yup.
I'm very biased. I'm a UGE 73-77 fan.
That's a $1000 car, tops.
I only say that because the trim parts, interior, bumpers etc are worth quite a bit to the right guy.

Those are pretty rare and the guys that have them are hard pressed to find that stuff.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Yup.
I'm very biased. I'm a UGE 73-77 fan.
That's a $1000 car, tops.
I only say that because the trim parts, interior, bumpers etc are worth quite a bit to the right guy.

Those are pretty rare and the guys that have them are hard pressed to find that stuff.
I'm with you. BUT, the car is rare but the buyer looking to restore that car is even more rare. I would bet if that car was advertised as a parts car, he'd likely be sitting on those parts for years without any interest. Sad but true.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts