Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got done converting from the old style alternator to a CS style. It was the easiest thing Ihave ever done on my car! The AC Delco part number 321-303 is a perfect fit. The car used to charge at 13.2 volts, and now charges at 14.8 volts! I don't mean to ramble, but I'm so excited that everything went well I just had to tell you guys because you have all been so much help. Thanks. Jason

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Did the upgrade about a year ago and I still love it. This is a great upgrade for these cars. Much better than an import one wire alternator as sold by many aftermarket suppliers.

------------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! HO! HO! HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

work in progress
Big James Elky(AKA Ol Paint)
another shot of Ol Paint

[This message has been edited by Big James 4XL (edited 12-22-2000).]

·
Registered
146 Posts
now you might want to try a bright eyes upgrade kit from MAD Enterprises. It rewires the headlights using a relay and now when you turn on the lights they get all 14.8 Volts. Deinitely a wise upgrade, a safe one too if you drive at night. No more of that dim candle lit looking light!

------------------
383SBC-511HP-700R4-Denny's Aluminum Driveshaft-12Bolt-3.73's-Complete Hotchkis Suspension-Baer Racing 4 Wheel Disc Brakes Cross Drilled & Slotted-Fine Lines Stainless Brake Lines-PST Polygraphite Bushings-Hooker Super Comp Headers Jet Hot Coated-3" exhaust Flowmaster 2 Chamber-17"Budnik Wheels-17x11Rear w/315/35 and 17x8Front w/245/45 BFG G-Force KD-Bilstein Shocks-AGR Steering Box-S&P Serpentine Belt Drive-Be Cool Aluminum Radiator-Dual 11" Spal Fans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts