Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, looking for opinions here. So I've accumulated a pile of parts to install on the 67 when time frees up. A buddy gave me a 5.7 out of a 1500 he bought for the body parts. So I pulled the serpentine brackets off and plan to put it on my 454. So domino effect here...this led to the need for a long water pump, electric fan and new rad. So the whole front end is coming off basically. Oh, and santa brought some roller rockers. It got me thinking, I never degree'd my cam. Also, the thumper I have in there I remember reading a lot of people being negative towards it. I thought this would be a good time to ask if you think i should spring for a new cam or just degree my current cam? My specs are in my sig. The only things that have changed are I'm running a Fitech 600, Dougs headers, peanut ports, and some roller rockers. I'm just a cruiser that likes the low end torque and breaking the tires loose. My cam seems fine to me, but this is my first BB muscle car, so I don't have anything to compare to really.

Edit, just want to add:
- I'm looking for a FT cam
- I have the stock pistons, so guessing 8.5 or 9:1 comp?
-Don't care about gas mileage..

·
Administrator
17,083 Posts
Re: Thumper Cam

You might check into the SBC to BBC serpentine conversion.
Don't think the brackets will fit.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Thumper Cam

You might check into the SBC to BBC serpentine conversion.
Don't think the brackets will fit.
Yup, that's what I picked up. It's a couple adapter plates made by Kwik Performance. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts