Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a 1969 Chevelle 396/375 that had a chambered exhaust system. Can anyone tell me if that was a factory option? If not where it might have come from? Is it still available?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yes, chambered exhaust was available from Chevrolet. Year One and others sell chambered systems for $500-600.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chambered Exahaust, RPO NC3, was available from the factory until, I believe February or March, of '69. Local vehicle safety codes made law enforcement types frown on this "straight pipe" system, so GM removed it as an RPO because of mounting pressure. However, it was still available as an "over the counter" high performance accessory at your local Chevy dealer.

Gardner Exhaust sells a nice repro system.

Rick

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Are you sure it's the Chevelle chambered system thats available? I've seen the Camaro systems available for years, but never have I seen a repro Chevelle system. I have the address of a guy in Michigan who makes 442 chambered exhaust systems. Maybe these things are available. Any responses?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.