Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
Quick question. Are spark plug wires available with 115° angle ceramic spark plug boots. Have been searching the internet and have not found anything/anyone who does. Maybe someone out here can lead me in the right direction IF they are available.
Thanks in advance.
Fred

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
I think you are only going to find straight, 135°, 45° and 90°. 115° is not a common angle. Good luck!

·
Registered
Ryan
1,641 Posts
I did some searching around. 115 degree is hard to find. I found some 135 degree wires with ceramic boots if you think that will work. Let me know and I’ll post the link.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've searched myself and have not found any. That is what I did. I purchased a 90° ceramic boot and a 135/45° ceramic boot. The issue is cylinder 6 & 8. On those 2 I cannot use the 90° or 45/135° ceramic boot. The 90° is short and hits up against the header flange when trying to get it on. The 45/135° boot is too long and hits the header pipe while trying to get it on. Cylinder 6 is my real issue. 454+60 with Brodix BB2+ heads creates the problem. Burn that boot up due to it being so close to header pipe. Tried using a spark plug high heat sock but over some time it still burns the boot and then I get misfire/arcing. I'm gonna grab a few 115° rubber boots from MSD and see if that may solve the problem on cylinder 6. Forgot to mention, Brodix heads are almost 5/8" taller so it causes issues with my Hooker headers. Was using an MSD multi-angle boot but find they are just too bulky and wind up being too close to header on cylinder 6.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Have you tried another method like using an Accel short spark plug. They have some common sizes though not sure it will work with the Brodix heads. Not sure what shape your headers are in but after 20 years of Stahl headers which had some issues (like you burning boots sometimes without my knowledge for a while and arcing) with the tall ports like you I went to Lemons and I have lot of room as they are designed for a taller port (I have a 2 1/8 tube). I know this is a very expensive option there for you that is why I asked on shape of existing headers. Of course, wondering if you have a burn plug wire all the time is not great either. Also the Lemons tuck up nice from the ground. See if a short plug works first.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Here is what I did with a couple of my plug wires that were getting burnt.
I wrapped the spark plug boot protector with a small piece of Thermo Tec Thermo Flex aluminum heat shield sleeve.
This has been working for many years with no more spark plug boots getting burnt.
Guy
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Reactions: Lew540
1 - 8 of 8 Posts