Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on putting Centerline Convo Pros on my 70. Anybody know what width and backspacing (15's) I can fit? Also What size Mickey Thompson ET Streets? Thanks

·
Registered
738 Posts
Not sure about the MickyT tire sizes, but you can fit 15X10 Centerlines on the rear of a 70', with 5.5" backspacing.

------------------
'70 Malibu - 383 'Fog Fed' Stroker! Houston, Texas Gold Member #39
Chevellz Alwayz!

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Along similar lines to this post.(Wes is 100% correct on the wheels) Anybody know what the going rate on either, Boyds or Budnicks are? There is a 65 in town with killer looking boyds on it, and socalrat told me about Budnick Famosas which I saw in the HotRod Chevelles mag on a 65. If they're too expensive, I may just go with some Centerline Scorpions for my lil' white 65!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
65 Malibu 283/PG!!!
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/stevedmalibu.jpg
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Wes, that should save me the time of measuring... How about anyone else, what size Mickeys I can use?

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Jeez, I saw a complete set of Centerlines for sale at a past Barrie flea market. The guy pulled them off his gorgeous Fathom Blue with white stripes '70 LS6. He said that the wheels and tires gave so much more traction that he was concerned about placing too much force on other driveline components (U-joints?). I don't recall, but it seemed to me they were 15X8s.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am currently running 15" X 8.5" Convo Pros with 5.5" back spacing and Goodyear 30" X 10.5" X 15" slicks. Not sure but I was told that on my 70 Malibu the 15" X 10"'s would allow the side wall to rub on the frame. Makes sense as it is very close with 8.5" wheel. Hope this helps...MK

------------------
hometown.aol.com/mkrauser/Chevelle.html

70 Chevelle Fathom Blue
70 Malibu Convertible Midnight Regatta Blue

Chicago - Suburbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts