Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my front end down including changing all bushings with Super complete kit from PST. I'm starting to put my front end together and another obstacle that I'm encountering is the center link hitting the crossmember. I tried putting it back on different ways and it's hitting the crossmember either way. Check out these pix and let me know what I did wrong pleassse.

pic 1 pic 2 pic 3 pic 4

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Flip it left to right. If it doesn't fit that way, then beats me.

Is that the piece that came out of there or did you get one from PST?

Tim.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Is it on tight at both the Pitman and Idler arms?? It does not clear the Xmember by much... I can see in the first pic that it is NOT tight yet. Did you compare the old with the new Drag link?? In pic 1 the Drag link is located in the correct position. Bolt it into place and see how much clearance there is.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the same result wether it's old one or new one. And besides, it's the same length and everything. It's not tight yet because I can only put one end in. Either by the idler arm or pitman arm. Would it work better if I loosen up the idler arm first? Then bolt both end then bolt on the idler arm. I guess I can try that.

:(

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
That's your problem. Remove the idler arm from the frame, attach it to the centerlink first.

Same thing happened to me.
Took me a while to figure it out because I had pulled the old idler arm and centerlink out together.

Tim.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Originally posted by TronDD:
That's your problem. Remove the idler arm from the frame, attach it to the centerlink first.
just rebuilt the front end on my 69 and this is what I had to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts