Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well it is not falling that far. Anyone know a good place or kit, or tips for getting that peice of cieling interior that is sloped down in the middle after years and years. Its in good shape still, just sagging. Does it mount to the metal brackets?

·
Registered
655 Posts
helps when you tell us what year.
I went to your profile and I'm guessing '71. the way the headliner works is you have the headliner that has 5 or 6 cloth strips sewn into the headliner from the top side.sewn where you see the seems running across the headliner. the rods go into this sewn loop and is held up with clips and also tension. you could have broken some clips in the roof of the car, but usually the tension from the bows in the rod will still keep them tight against the roof,but I have seen them swing loose. just guessing but it sounds like maybe the cloth loops around the rods have dry rotted and fell away from the bows. if this is the case there is nothing to hold the headliner tightly against the roof and it will sag.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
NAPA has a headliner retainer kit(part #730-2298). Don't know how great they look but would get it out of your way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts