Team Chevelle banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I have to cancel my CB 08 trip. I will be calling the Hampton Wed AM. If you would like the room email me at
[email protected]

First email gets the room as I would like to have a name to give to the hotel as I cancel.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
WHAT?!?!

Was is that free corvette!?

I hope all is well. We'll be thinking of you Chuck (in relief for a better chance at a trophy!!) :D

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,758 Posts
Sorry to hear you can't go this year Chuck. :( We'll miss your smiling face. See you next year hopefully. :)

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
NO, NO, NO, NO GUYS!!!!!!!!
What can we do to help you make it to CB08????????
Do you need help with gas money or what?

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
NO, NO, NO, NO GUYS!!!!!!!!
What can we do to help you make it to CB08????????
Do you need help with gas money or what?
Gonna be sad to not see y'all again!!
No Billy, Chuck, and now Bob...who's gonna watch over Lewis???

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
make that 3 rooms

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Von, innoculate yourself with beer so that you don't catch it!

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Well, I might as well call the Comfort Suites and cancel that room I had there, I was saving it in case someone needed it. Looks like there will be quite a few rooms available closer though. No worries, I'm still on, stayin' at the BW. :thumbsup: You guys are still welcome to bug me if you ever visit the islands. :)

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Can I bug you to help fly me out there, and then I wont bug you any more?

One of these days I'll get down there.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Can I bug you to help fly me out there, and then I wont bug you any more?

One of these days I'll get down there.
Sure thing, Mike. If you fly American, I'll pay for that first check in bag for ya. :sad: ;)

·
Gold Founding Member
1,344 Posts
Had me worried for a minute Darrren. Im sure gonna miss the guys that can`t make it.Hopefully 09 will be a better year for everyone that couldn`t make it this year.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Sure thing, Mike. If you fly American, I'll pay for that first check in bag for ya. :sad: ;)
...and if 'ya fly Delta Mike, I'll cover the first two bags checked. :D

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I actually got excited for a split second there. :sad:

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pat is under the weather so Bob Krahn is chief cook and bottle washer while providing lots of "yes ma'am's" "yes dear's" etc.

Turns out business has me buried all for good reasons IE: lots of new work with short deadlines, plus a re-organization to be announced the first week of June Also have a house remodeling going on since last August and the month of June is the critical month for finishing it and lots of overlapping work to be scheduled, etc.

This would have been my ninth CB this year but I called ACES 1 the other night to explain and we had a nice chat. I relayed how much I will miss all the guys and gals but gotta go with the priorities. Without the business there would be no car toys.

Ya'll have a great time and hope to see you next year.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The 2007 Pace Car Corvette sits in my garage here at the house and we go tooling around when the weather is nice. It has just over 2000 miles since August 10th when it was delivered and we have shown it about 4 times in local and regional shows to lots of interest. We made poster boards with photos and the whole story of winning the car, receiving it at the Museum, shipping it home and enjoying it. Our garage is attached to our house so when I step from the kitchen into the garage for something sometimes I just stop and look at the incredible machine and say to myself "you are one lucky SOB, and I am grateful that Dianne and I have our health and are blessed to be able to enjoy the car.

I thought about driving it to CB08 and going by the museum but no time to get away.

Chuck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.