Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of hoping someone out there can interpret these numbers off the enging and heads. Not sure if these are the numbers to use, but Ill give it a try... Numbers off the head were under the valve cover, and are 3917215. It also had a T, and GM5. I dont know whats needed to read the numbers though....Next. Numbers off the block came from the front right and are TI214ET, and 18Z124C26.. Any help is appreciated... Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
You have the same heads I have on my motor.
My heads are open chamber oval port 427 heads
I am not sure what cc. The set I have came from a 68-69 corvette.

Don

·
Gold Founding Member
1,348 Posts
The Books I have indicate 101cc Closed chamber . 396 427 the years built conflict book to book.one lists as 68-69 the other 65-69 MIKE

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If this engine was originally installed in a chevelle then ET = 1967 or 1968 396, 325hp, TH400 tranny.
18Z124C26 =
1= chev div of GM
8 =1968
Z = Freemont calif assy plant
124C26 should match the last six digits of your VIN if this is a matching #'s car. The "C" should be a number not a letter.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so very much!! Excellent info, and it looks good for my 68Elky 325hp. Sorry about the C, you were right, its a number and is part of the VIN..

Thanks again..!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I looked again last night and the heads I have with the same numbers are open chambered
According to Mortec the only open chambered heads were for tall decks and aluminum headed
motors. This seems very strange don't you think?

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.