Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that after sitting for a while (week or two) the carb is completely empty of fuel? I even noticed that after a couple of days the carb only has a few pumps of fuel left in it.

A friend of mine with a Nova has the same problem.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Man I'd love to know the same thing! I just posted about this (fuel percolation after shutdown) only a couple of weeks ago. Mine sits a week or two between startups and it takes a good 30 seconds of cranking to get it to fire! :mad:

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Tom is right, its probalby fuel boiling. Try a insulating the carb with either a spacer or a thicker base gasket.

Dave

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is fuel boiling a common problem? If the problem is boiling why would it takes weeks and only occasionally only few days or it to boil off? It would certainly seem to cool below the boiling/evapration point long before ALL the fuel was to boil off, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Mine does the same, I don't think its fuel boiling, if it where the bowl would be empty if you shut it off from hot and tried to start it say 30 miniutes later. Mine starts fine then but after several days I have to wait for the bowl to re-fill

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sounds like a small vac leak in the system somewhere allowing the fuel to drain back to the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts